CureZone   Log On   Join
Beware of "sleep meds"!

freya Views: 2,322
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,033,629

Beware of "sleep meds"!

I feel for you. It took me iver 2 years to get a diagnosis - and my intelligence was insulted several times along the way "It's in your head, there's no problem here".

It's a long story.

However, please, be careful with the so-called "sleep meds". They put me on Amytriptillin (an anti-depressant), at a dose 15 times smaller than that for treating depression. I was taking 10mg/day, at night. First week, was great. I actually slept a bit, after months and months of insomnia. Second week, I became excessively forgetful. It was NOT normal, definitely not normal forgetfullness. Third week, my brain felt like mush, my thinking patterns altered. I was scared, because I did not know if this could be reversed (I happen to LOVE my mind) and I wanted it back the way it was. On this third week, I "misplaced" my car twice, and both times I thought it was stolen, because it was not in its usual parking spot. Second time, it was 2 days after the first time. I looked for it for 30 minutes. ANY normal person would have REMEMBERED the same thing had happened 2 days ago, during the 30 min of scrambling! Not me!

I called the Dr., told him what happened and told him: sorry, can't do this. If I have to choose between my mind and living in PAIN, I choose my mind. He asked: what are you going to do? I said: "I don't know yet. All choices are possible, and I WILL find my own way". And that I did.

You are in the right place, and the future is looking BRIGHT for you! :-)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.328 sec, (1)