CureZone   Log On   Join
Numbness from Mirena

Clarkia Extra Strong
Clarkia Tincture 2 oz, 4 oz, 8 oz, and 16 oz

Natural, Soothing, Progesterone Oil
Supplementation and Hormone Balancing Based on the...

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

More
More
gigis Views: 8,463
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,032,673

Numbness from Mirena

About 2 months ago I called 911 because the left side of my face and left arm started to go numb and my heart was racing? I was cleaning my home at the time and thought it was from the cleaning supplies I was using and I was over reacting. Well 30 days later exactly it happened to me again and this time while I was visiting a relative. I called my doctor and was told that I might be having a mini stroke and to go to the nearest hospital. When I arrived at the emergency room my blood pressure was high and they immediately did a CT Scan, the doctor was concerned because this was the 2nd time it has happened to me so I was told to stay overnight and meet with a neurologist. The next day they tested for everything possible I had an MRI,EEG, 3 different ultrasounds and about a dozen blood samples taken from me. They were guessing anything from MS,mini stroke (TIA) or something as simple as a a migraine. Thankfully all tests came back negative.

Coincidentally, this all started when I had an IUD put in the end of August. My first episode happened 30 day from the placement of the IUD and my second episode happened 30 days from then. I spoke to the gynecologist and she claimed the IUD would never cause this but I remembered reading on-line about it. I called my sister and she researched it for me finding out this had happened to other women so the next morning I had it removed.

The only diagnosis the doctor was guessing it could be was a seizure in which my family and I can't believe. The sad thing is that I would be taking medication for seizures and dealing with the side effects from that if I didn't do my own research.

Four days later I want to see my doctor and brought her copies of other stories I found off the internet and from net doctor. She was very concerned and told me she would have never thought the IUD could cause this if she didn't read it herself.

I hope every women knows to listen what your body is telling you and to go with your gut feeling.

This site saved my life!!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

5.984 sec, (1)