CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: To the women out there..

MrThunder Views: 1,126
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,027,189

Re: To the women out there..

I can't help you very much, I'm just a 2nd year microbiology student who happened to have a lab about gram positive cocci (isolated from the skin, such as Staphyloccus epidermidis and Micrococcus luteus) recently. I haven't followed your other posts, sorry.

Motility in cocci is very rare (unless they are very ovoid rods and not cocci). The bacterial shape by itself isn't very efficient for motility; for the opposite reasons, spirilli are very frequently motile.

At that size, it is most likely bacteria.

Interesting that you use gelatin. I guess that's a lot less expensive than agar.
A catalase test is not that useful; most organisms are cat +. It can be useful to distinguish Staph. for instance which is cat -.

I didn't even know that you could distinguish the gram-type with an optical microscope just like that, but the microcoscopes we use only have a 1000x zoom.

I don't know anything about that "small red marble", never heard of anything like that.

Good luck :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

2.516 sec, (1)