CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Vit D lack possibly causing Candida?

Sans Sucre Views: 5,302
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,023,008

Re: Vit D lack possibly causing Candida?

Interesting topic. A few months ago, I started thinking about vitamin D also, partly because it is needed to absorb calcium, and I was trying to up my mineral absorbtion, and partly because I live in San Francisco, where we get a lot of foggy days in the summer, and then it gets damp and kind of unpleasant to be outside in the winter months during the rainy season. I started taking D about 3 months ago. One other thing I experimented with, and for now have added it to my routine, is going to the tanning salon. Just once or twice a week for 10 minutes - not nearly enough to burn, but enough to get the UV advantage for converting vitamin D. Here is a little blurb on the process:

"What is Vitamin D?
Vitamin D is an oil soluble substance that is found in only a few foods, such as the oil from cod liver, egg yolks, butter, and other cold-water fish such as salmon, herring and mackerel. It is considered a vitamin because the body's ability to manufacture it is dependent on environmental factors, in this case, exposure of the skin to sunlight. Vitamin D is formed in the skin by the action of short-wave ultraviolet light, the so-called fast-tanning sun rays, on a form of cholesterol found in the skin called 7-dehydrocholesterol. The rays activate this and convert it into cholecalciferol, a weak form of vitamin D3, which is then transported to the liver and kidneys where enzymes convert it to 1,25-dihydroxycholecalciferol, the more potent form of vitamin D3. Although more than 10 substances belong to a group of steroid compounds that exhibit vitamin D activity, the commonly available forms are vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), most often obtained from cod liver oil and sometimes from wool grease, and vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol). Vitamin D2 is synthesized by irradiating precursors found in plants and yeast. This is the form of the vitamin commonly added to milk. (top)"

The latest D buzz is that if you are takig a supp., D3 is best, and even better than that is "dry" D3, but I have not found that yet.

My candida is doing much, much better, but I cannot say it is due to the salon or the D I am taking since I started doing several different things around the same time.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.578 sec, (2)