CureZone   Log On   Join
Nontoxic hair gel

nanner2 Views: 1,335
Published: 16 years ago

Nontoxic hair gel

Hello,

I have multiple chemical sensitivity, and so I am really careful of the cosmetics I use. They can't contain any chemicals, which makes it difficult to find products that are safe and effective! The hair gel I have been using for the past year is made by Real Purity. It's very pure, but it doesn't exactly give me the volume I am looking for, for my fine straight hair.

Well, I was drinking a cup of flax tea this morning (for regularity), which is very mucilaginous, and I decided to use it on my hair this morning as a hair gel. My hair today has alot of volume, and it is really shiny! It's not sticky, and it feels strong. Plus - no chemicals, yeah! Flax seeds have alot of healthy goodness in them (omega 3, lignans), so maybe they will make my hair stronger.

I made the tea by bringing 1 cup of water to a boil, pouring in 3 tsp whole flax seeds and letting it steep for 15 minutes. Then I poured the water/flax seed into a strainer. What came out I used for my tea. Then I rubbed my hand on the bottom of the strainer, and got a handful of thick gel, which I used immediately on my wet hair. I styled it with a blowdryer and voila!

This may not be practical for most people. However, if you are chemically sensitive, and want to drink a tea every morning that helps keep you regular, as well as give you a shot of omega 3, give it a try!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  www.curezone.org

0.671 sec, (1)