There is a possibility that the maple syrup could have effected your tooth.
Particularly if the tooth is filled with an Amalgam filling and its been there a long time.
The Amalgam (hopefully you don't have it) breaks down over time and bacteria can find its way in.
The Sugar in the maple syrup creates an acidic environment in the mouth which is very friendly to bacteria.
So with possible increased bacteria presence and an old filling, it could spell trouble.
After an Master-Cleanse a couple of years ago I decided that I really liked maple syrup and was putting it on everything.
I would put fruit and cashews in a bowl and bury it in maple syrup and call it a meal.
At my last dental check up I had a cavity and hadn't had one in years.
After conversing with the dentist we determined that it was due to the excessive sugar.
I've since been smart about it and only put it in tea and rinse my mouth with water after, which I do as a rule each time after drinking lemonade during a cleanse.
Don't know if you have a problem, but this was my experience.
It may be worth getting to your dentist if it continues.
You could have them check just that tooth.
Its a lot cheaper to catch any dental problem early.