Have I been exposed to Toxic Mold?
Hello, Iím here searching for help and advice.
For 6 years I lived in an old duplex and for 5 of them, I had a leak in my roof. At first it was a small leak that only happened sometimes. But it eventually got so bad that half of my kitchen ceiling fell through. My landlord was the kind that preferred to fix it himself, to save money - and it never really got fixed. After about the 3rd year in, after the leak got terrible and the ceiling caved in, exposing board and parts of the attic, I started to have small symptoms. Iíd awake with My eyes bloodshot red and swollen. Eventually it came down to having terrible dizziness and horrible allergies. One morning I remember waking and sitting up.. as I sat up, the only way I can describe the feeling is like a bucket of water has been thrown over my head and the feeling rushed down to my feet. My heart was pounding and I had the biggest anxiety attack out of nowhere. I felt like I was about to pass out. I went to the emergency room right after and all they could find wrong was my liver enzymes were elevated and my vitamin D levels were extremely low at 13. I had gone to many doctors and they all found the same and just said to keep on with my large doses of Vitamin D. I felt like I was going crazy! I had missed so much work because of my dizziness and anxiety. Eventually the landlord agreed to have the air tested in my place and found it had penicillum and aspergillus molds. I wasnít ever told if it was toxic or not. When I moved out shortly after, my symptoms didnít get much better, in fact they seemed to get worse. Muscles hurt and tingled, sensitivity to light and blurred vision, fatigue, anxiety, memory issues and still had major allergies and dizziness. The most concerning thing out of all of this experience is I feel I canít get my brain back to how it used to be. I canít handle stress very well, as it causes major anxiety out of nowhere. Itís been a year and a half and Iím starting to feel better than before, but still feel I struggled mentally from time to time.
Unfortunately, Iím still in so much debt from hospital visits and missing so much work that I canít afford to be tested for mold in my system.
I guess Iím here today asking if anyone has had any of these experiences with toxic mold? If these molds have caused anyone else problems and if they fully healed from the exposure? Or if this even sounds like toxic mold exposure! Iíve been detoxing from time to time with chlorophyll and it seems to be helping.
Any advice would be appreciated..
thank you so much for reading!