The Healing in Honey, as mentioned in the Quran and Prophetic Sunnah
Hello. My family and I believe that the cure for every disease is in the earth and nature, which is why we consume many of the herbs, spices, and nectars from the various plants of Creation. It is my sincere hope that those of us in the West would lose dependency on traditional meds and educate ourselves so that we may benefit from the numerous herbal and alternative medicine remedies available, some practiced for thousands of years!
Allah, subhana wa ta’ala, told us in the Quran of the many benefits and healing properties of honey. Honey has been used in medicine and cooking since antiquity and even the ancient Egyptians, Assyrians, Chinese, Greeks and Romans used honey to cure many diseases.
"Then, eat of all fruits, and follow the ways of your Lord made easy (for you)." There comes forth from their bellies, a drink of varying colour wherein is healing for men. Verily, in this is indeed a sign for people who think.” (Noble Quran 16:68-69)
Narrated Abu Huraira (ra): The Prophet (salallahu alaihi wa salam) said, "There is no disease that Allah has created, except that He also has created its treatment." (Bukhari)
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas (ra): (The Prophet said salallahu alaihi wa salam), "Healing is in three things: A gulp of honey, cupping, and branding with fire (cauterizing)." But I forbid my followers to use (cauterization) branding with fire." (Bukhari)
Narrated 'Aisha (ra): The Prophet used to like sweet edible things and honey. (Bukhari)
Narrated Abu Huraira (ra): I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "There is healing in black cumin for all diseases except death." (Bukhari)
Here are some of the benefits of honey as documented in various sources. As a regular raw honey consumer, the honey and its benefits mentioned here are RAW, UNPROCESSED, UNFILTERED honey, straight from the hive! My family and I, eat honey each day, because of our adherence to the laws and traditions of our religion, first and foremost, but also because we have actually benefited from its consumption and application:
As a healing remedy, raw honey can address multiple issues. There are far more benefits of honey than I can include here but here are some of the more interesting benefits you may not know about.
• Raw honey can provide an energy boost. Its carbohydrates supply energy and strength and it can boost your endurance and reduce muscle fatigue.
• Honey is a great aid in relieving morning sickness, reportedly even more effective than traditional soda crackers.
• Honey is good for sore throats, laryngitis and pharyngitis.
• Honey and cinnamon can help in many areas including relief from bladder infections, arthritis, upset stomach and bad breath. It’s even supposed to be able to slow down hair loss.
• Raw honey can be used as a medication for issues related to male impotence and female infertility. Warm raw goat or camel’s milk and raw honey is believed to increase sperm count considerably.
• A salve made of honey, for diabetic ulcers, has been proven effective when other topical antibiotics are not well tolerated. It can be applied to eczema, canker sores or bleeding gums.
• Honey and apple cider vinegar can be used for many ailments like stomach aches, constipation and even migraines.
• Honey and lemon goes to work in the body shifting the extra fat stores, thus making it usable energy for regular body functions. Honey is cholesterol-free and can reportedly help keep cholesterol levels in check
• Raw honey has a viscous texture due to its low water content. It is a poor environment for bad bacteria to grow and is a good natural preservative.
P.S.I have seen MANY other posts here, time and time again, on curezone, where individuals SELF PROMOTE their BLOGS, WEBSITES, and PRODUCTS on their BlOGS and SITES, etc. I DO NOT own a website or company...PERIOD!!! As I was accused of this when I posted my first thread on curezone, promoting the use of black seed oil to cure candida (which as been clinically proven and well documented) and I want to make it perfectly CLEAR that the opinions expressed here in MY post are MINE! I have never claimed to be an expert, just a consumer. I don't know if the accusations and slander made against me were to thwart competition, as I linked a site we buy our raw honey and black seed products from in the US, but the point of this site is to share and I will mention them again. http://www.sahabisweets.com.
This is where WE, ME, MY FAMILY, buy our local raw honey and OTHER natural products!
You are free to PRAISE and promote the goods you sell on YOUR MONETIZED blog, but PLEASE don't disparage me or where I buy MY products!
I pray you all benefit from this thread.