5 day water fast - feedback
I just completed my first Water Fast
(or any fasting for that matter). It was a five day water only fast. This site was tremendously helpful. Thank you. Just wanted to give my feedback.
1) It was a water only fast and I did not take anything else other than water - no coffee, supplements ... nothing. I drank about 1.5 liters of water each day.
2)First day was easy. Some craving later in the evening. Second day was tough, Dizziness when getting up from bed, moderate headache, nausea But y evening I was fresh. 3&4 day were easy. However in the evening I went out to the shop to buy fruits to prepare my refeeding and the 1 km slightly uphill walk was slightly tough.
3)Lots of craving on day 5. I wanted to push for 7 days. However too much craving and I ended after day 5 with a slice of watermelon.
4)Clear Urine and coated tongue. I'm 39 and I was developing some arthritic pains in the knuckle. They disappeared after day 2 of fasting.
5) A casual smoker. But absolutely no desire to smoke during fast.
6) Now this is the important part. Some of you might find it crazy. I'm going through a tough personal issues with my wife and she moved out a few months ago with my son. On 4th day morning when I woke up there was this clarity in mind that I just have to drop all my fights and bring her back. There was no 'Why' or 'Reason' but just that I should stop the fight. I apologized to her and trying to bring back. I strongly believe this was due to fasting.
1) I ended with water melon and had some orange juice later and had juice and melon every hour
2) Next day (yesterday) I had Avocadoes , Water melon and some salmon and grapes in small portions
3) I had a tough night last night. When I went to pee, it came in drops and it was red (blood). And it burnt and pained a lot. I realized I was passing a stone . Then I drank 2.LTR of water and then it slowly pee'd bit by bit and then drank more water and after 30 minutes peed again. And after that felt slightly better. Slept by 3 am. Morning is lot better though urine is still slow but I guess the stone has run out. completely fine by afternoon. I did read that after long fasts sometimes the expelled toxins can crystallize and come out in urine.
4)Food flavors are tremendous and I'm craving for my home cuisine so much (Indian). Need to control the urge and eat healthy.
5)I was 64 kgs and dropped to 58.5 after 5 days.
Overall it was an eye opener and I respect food and health so much now. Urge to smoke is coming back but I'm controlling. Will Water Fast
a day every week now. And avoid carbs as much as possible.
Once again Thank you all for support.