I've been taking caprylic acid off and on for a few weeks. I took two capsules at a time on the second day. I felt really crappy within hours, and kept burping what tasted like blue cheese (acid system reflux). All night I had intense throbbing pain in my legs that was so bad I had to take ibuprofen in order to sleep.
I also have Muscular dystrophy (charcot marie tooth)which means the myelin sheath has deteriorated on the nerves in my legs. could the pain be from die-off or from the "acid" somehow affecting my nerves?
at any rate, I stopped taking it for a week or two although it did help with the candida symptoms. I've started again in small doses and took one capsule yesterday. I'm a dancer and am rehearsing for a performance, and have danced for hours every day this week. since taking the caprylic acid I've been getting exhausted really fast, and can't dance for more than 10 minutes or so without wanting to lie down. How can I make this go away quickly??