I'm so sorry that you're experiencing this. Please know that this isn't in your head and it is a real problem. By reading your, post it sounds like you may have an Ascaris
problem. They become more prevelant at night, looking for food between 12-3AM.
I've been dealing with the Ascaris
issue in the throat for about a year now. Ascaris
are known for travling up the stomach/esophagus. The sticking feeling is when one moves up and stops. It can literally hang on by clamping down with its suckers, causing a very uncomfortable feeling. The worst part about it is that a parasite
can nestle under the tonsil area. Very tiny ones can travel up the ear tract too. These things are tricky -- they don't come all the way up and out, or go all the way down!
Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do about it in terms of an herbal remedy. Barefoot doesn't have the answer either; I've asked, along with numerous people around the world on how to take care it. I've tried so many things!!!!
There are 4 things that you can do.
1. Go to a throat specialist (ENT) and tell them that you have something serious going on in your throat. I wouldn't suggest telling that you have parasites; otherwise, you maybe rudely escorted out of the office. Let that person be shocked to find the discovery on their own. Before you go to the doctors office, find a way to entice it up the tract with something sweet because if it is too far down, the doctor wont find anything. Note: before they look inside the throat with a scope, they give you a numbing spray. I'm not sure if the parasite
goes away or will hang on when this happens.
2. Until you see your doctor, you can sleep with dry herbs in your mouth; such as, cloves, garlic, sage, ginger or herbal formula (essential oils won't help.) This keeps them from coming up futher or traveling into the nose. This is the ONLY thing that I've found to get some relief, especially when I need sleep. The parasites
tend to stay in the stomach and will not bother you, unless they become desensitized to the herb your taking, which means you'll need to switch things up.
3. Lastly, you can try PinX medication, over-the-counter. IF the parasite
is small enough it they usually die. (If it is a larger one, it may die but release babies and this is something else you'll have to deal with.) This isn't a cure but a helpful temp remedy because it does paralyze the parasites'neuromuscular structure and diminishes their glucose uptake, preventing them from moving around. This should be used as a last resort because it can create superworms, if used on a regular basis.
4. There was one poster that suggested a couple of days ago to try HCL tablets in a high dose, before and after meals. This is the only thing that I haven't tried and will do to see if it works.
Again, sorry for your experience.