I have a question about bee pollen. I had a bit of a cold - nothing extreme - so I thought I'd take some bee pollen to charge up my immune system. That night - I began to experience sinus congestion, and the next day, a few hours after I took some more, I felt terrible. I was dizzy and a little disoriented, my nose would not stop running, and I had a terrible headache. This all lasted about 24 hours. Now I have a sinus infection. I know those symptoms are not from just a cold -and I know I don't have the flu.
You mentioned before that you're familiar with bee products - so I thought I'd ask if you think this sounds like an allergic reaction. The only allergy symptom descriptions I could find online were itchy throat and some neurological-type symptoms.
If it is an allergy (which I am now 90% sure of) should I completely stop bee pollen, or just take a lot less?
P.S. I've taken it before without any problems.