I am reproducing hereunder a post from Liver flush forum for your expert comments :
"This could be one reason to clean up your kidneys first-- magnesium toxicity. Epsom salt is of course magnesium sulfate, and your kidneys have to help remove two (or four) tablespoons of it from your system during a liver flush. Maybe that's a risky amount if your kidneys are not functioning well. I'll add the link below where I found this. (Interestingly, this site also says that not getting enough magnesium regularly is bad for the kidneys, i.e. contributes to kidney stone formation.) -D Rat
What is the health risk of too much magnesium?
Dietary magnesium does not pose a health risk, however very high doses of magnesium supplements, which may be added to laxatives, can promote adverse effects such as diarrhea. Magnesium toxicity is more often associated with kidney failure, when the kidney loses the ability to remove excess magnesium. Very large doses of laxatives also have been associated with magnesium toxicity, even with normal kidney function (38). The elderly are at risk of magnesium toxicity because kidney function declines with age and they are more likely to take magnesium-containing laxatives and antacids.
Taking 4 tablespoonful of epsom salt for liver flush, how safe it is for kidneys for a person of above 50 years of age. There have lot of discussions on this topic. If we don't take it, then there is a risk of stones being stuck in the bile duct. This point is worrying me a lot.
Can liver also have calcified stones.