I just watched a show on 20/20 with children with Tourette's, and noticed that many of the symptoms they have I have also worked with in my self-healing process. I was moved by the children in the show and felt what I knew might help them, so I wrote an article on it yesterday. As I understand the tics, they happen due to building electrical charges in the muscles (building tension), then are released with the unwanted symptom of the tic. I have found ways to release this tension without having the tic or emotional outburst.
2. acupressure/reiki technique used on meridians
3. pressing on an acupoint in hand in public when needed.
4. Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
5. monitoring internal thoughts and emotional state, switching to deep belly breathing when emotions get strong.
6. strong exercise using the legs
7. keeping a journal
8. whole body relaxation technique
9. screaming, stretching, self-expression as needed.
The article is quite long, so i give a link to read more.