I've recovered fully. :) All of my issues are general ones that I had before candida. I can eat whatever I want and in fact have become a gourmet cook and baker. Woo hoo! ;)
Here's a list of how I cured myself:
1. An anti-candida diet for three months per the Yeast Connection Cookbook recommendations, slightly modified by rec's in "Juicing for Life". Basically, I ate a huge variety of veggies, raw, steamed, in soups, juiced. I only ate one serving of fruit a day, green apple, blueberries, pears or cherries only. Ate 1/2 to 1 cup of alternative grains like quinoa and used brown rice flour for tortillas and pasta. NO wheat or dairy or refined sugar. Used brown rice syrup as a sweetener for my hot cereals. Olive-Oil
and Flax Seed Oil and Ghee (clarified butter) were my only fats.
2. Pancreatic enzymes with meals, especially when eating protein, for increased bile flow.
3. Complete bowel management, including a series of colonics
every quarter, followed by home enemas via a bucket enema setup. Plain water and Sea Salt
mostly, sometimes a couple tablespoons of Bentonite
clay or chlorophyll added.
4. Hot baths with baking soda and Epsom Salts
20 minutes after taking 40mg Niacin - the flush kind. Also did dry brushing before taking niacin.
5. super green foods and probiotics and lecithin. I prefer Garden of Life's products, Primal Defense, Perfect Food, etc.
6. herbal complexes to support the liver - mostly Planetary Formula's Bupluerum Liver Cleanse, and beets. Chinese Bitters and Coptis from sensible health are good too.
7. massage and chiropractic, purchased a shiatsu massager, for circulation. Also walks and stretching, yoga.
8. Solaray Spectro multi vit-min supplements, and a liquid trace mineral additive
9. Co enzyme Q10
10. Psyllium and Bentonite
11. Ate a lot of Kichadi, an Indian stew that Ayurvedic doctors recommend for ease of digestion and circulation.
12. warm water with lemon juice and sometimes apple cider vinegar, occasionally, before bed.
13. Went to be before 10:30 every night - every hour before Midnight is twice as healing as any hour after Midnight.
I now recommend MSM in small dosages (1000 mg or less) because it helps the liver, but small dosage because it has an acidic effect on PH balance, and of course a series of liver flushes, and perhaps HCL betain. A good healthy bile flow is essential for keeping Candida in balance, so liver management is crucial.
Just discovered Garden of Life's "Fungal Defense." Sounds like a good product - can try taking that for 14 days, then Primal Defense and the rest of the regime.
Best references that I've found so far:
"Juicing for Life" by Cherie Calbom & Maureen Keane - the book that saved my life by teaching me about candidiasis.
"Tissue Cleansing thru Bowel Management" by Dr. Bernard Jensen
- the book that taught me how to do proper bowel management and lymph cleansing.
"The Yeast Connection Cookbook" by W. Crook - the book that taught me how to eat a candida diet and also to prepare meals out of veggies I wasn't used to eating.
Also recommend "Perfect Health" by Deepak Chopra for how to live in balance with your particular body type, based on Ayurvedic Medicine. Knowing your Dosha and blood type, the recommended foods for both, and foods to avoid, really helps speed recovery and maintain balance.