It helps if you specify which Iodine
you are taking. Regardless, your symptoms sound like bromine detox. This can be greatly helped by additional salted water. Here is a list of helpful hints from Lynne Farrow of Breast Cancer
1. Salt load and drink lots of water with it. Add at least ½ tsp unprocessed salt to daily diet. This can be in the form of ¼ tsp unprocessed salt per quart/liter of water. Consider trying ¾ tsp unprocessed salt in 3 quarts/liters of water each day.
2. Pulse-dose iodine. Stop Iodine
for 48 hours to rest the kidneys while continuing Companion Nutrients (see below).
3. Reduce the Iodine
dose temporarily, then work back up.
4. Take Vitamin C 3 grams or more spread throughout the day.
5. Take Iodine Companion Nutrients to enhance cell detoxification.
ATP Cofactors 2 a day (each tablet = B2 riboflavin 100 mg + B3 niacin 500 mg as inositol hexanicotinate)
Magnesium 300-600 mg
Selenomethionine 200 mcg
6. Use Zinc 25 mg for skin symptoms.
7. My addition – Oil Pull several times a day, at least 2 hours apart, using 1-2 tbsp organic sesame oil. Swish for 5-20 minutes. If this works for you, when you spit out the oil it may be quite stinky.