Oh, Archus, I need to be inspired to post something not coppied but from my heart... :))
..I was into nutrition for many years and now new info is comming my way and I am learing Extra... so at some point, I need to put it all together and just share here with people.
My previous post was a mixture of all and it was not that much structured coz fist I finished it and then found a grammar mistake and return to edit then decided to add other thoughts :)))... but it was useful. :)
.. I am myself was trying to fast proloned number of day trying to fix my weight (coz I was into eating junk and loads of sweets).. Fasting is NOT a solution for everything. It is Not. And.... As I said I did many Water Fasts
and the longest two were about 14 days and STILL I did not fix my eating habbits by then so basically I just LOST my precious time on all that instead of just concentrating on eating Right and on fixed hours whenever possible. Yes I finishe all of them properly but after that I just returned to my sweet stuff.
It actually HELPED when you just eat at fixed hours, cook with love and just leave aside all the distructors and concentrate on chewing food properly. No need to be just on raw if you Mentally not ready for it and, as I said, based on Ayurveda views we are Kapha and Pitta people (bodywise) and Kapha ppl NEED WARM food. Just LISTEN to your body..
1) do 1-3-7 days Water Fast
IF you can (1-3 days is possible) just to give that kick start of the Healthy you. One day is even enough but after your last meals (if it was the mixture of everything) Ideally you need to fast 36h (8h or so the food will be digested especially if you have Slow metabolism);
2) break it with FRESH juices, fruits
3) chew food every very well (!!)- this way u safe LOADS of energy and just prevent it from Fermenting;
4)Make an accent on drinking VEGETABLE based juices with Loads of greens. Ideally 30 min Before meals. Fruits juices Very Randomly - they contains Fructose which is NOT good in large amounts(!) - do Not add suggar to it and drink them as soon as possible after you juice them; Ideally Fruits based juices should be consumed Before Breakfast.. if you frink fresh Fruit juice in the middle of the day, it can be mixed with left overs of previous mean and lead to Bloating. So Before breakfast. :)
5) Eat fruits as First thing in the morning (breakfast), cew Well and give them at least 2 or even 3 hours to get digested. 3hours for those who have Slow metabolism and easily can skip breakfast (kapha people).
6) On this stage, even if you eat your favorite not that healthy meals - do add 2-3-4-5 table spoons of Raw salad Plus greens. Eat this way may be 2 weeks 6 months - as long as u Mentally Ready u can for for extra spoon of it. It is Not a diet but a Life style. Remember it. :)
7)Drink WARM water and Reduce drinking Cold water as it Collapces stomach a Big time and Entire system as well. Avoid Bubby drinks as they add to INSIDE Dryiness of the body which can eventually lead to many diseases (combined with other factors) - vata dosha disbalance (ayurveda - google it);
8) Diets are based on LIMITATIONS which Straight Away put us in a stressful state. Instead Concentrate on ADDING Good stuff into your meals and whenever possible cook from the scratch. With time Good stuff will push out bad stuff. EDUCATE your body to eat Well and DO limit or avoid Refined sugars!! Read lables and, as I said, do cook from the scratch.
9) from the very start DO have 'treat days' when you can indulge into your favorite meal or sweets.. But make sure it is in FIXED days - say if you go for 3 days of that treat - it could be mon, thu and saturday. If you need 4 days per week then Be it. Eat your fav food with No guilt. Whenever poss eat it with raw Home made Salad). Then when you Mentally and Happily Ready for 3 or 2 days per week Do that but do Not speed up things coz it is Not a diet but Life style.. even if that one less treat day will come ion 3-4-6 months ok then be it. :)
10) On the very first stage you can start making accent on, say FRESH juices (as I said mainly VEG and Green based. And even if you still eating your normal not not that healthy food then Fresh juices will start doing its Job anyway and, as I said, adding couple of table spoons of raw salad and greens (preferably cabbage and carrot based) will do that Magic too. ;)
11) Do soak Grains, legumes and nuts in warm water for at least 24 hours (some recommend even 2-5 days) to kill those antinutrients which prevent absorbtion of goodness from them (read urself about why you need to soak them).. Nuts and seeds should be soaked n slightly Salkty water for at least 12 hours.
12) meat in Moderations and preferably grass fed and organic.
13) do Not be afraid of fats! Healthy fats are Needed for hormone function in women and it also makes us Satisfied with food. Healthy fats (Not refined) are coconut oil (u can Cook on it even in its Raw form and it still remains Healthy plus it is Weight balancing oil), olive oil, avocado oil.. at least these are my Favorite. :)
14) Try Not to overeat protein as it causes kidney stone
formation and prevent absorbtion of Calcium in colon.
15)read about Dnagers of Gluten.. which together with Milk products (plus Sugary foods) leads to Leaky gut(!). If you have Autoimmune disease then you can benefit from the book The Autoimmune Solution by Dr. Amy Myers MD... Stick to the ways she suggests and even if she said we cant eat grains, legumes, nuts, seeds, eggs - you Can in very moderations but only After you fix your autoimmune issue. Gluten and Milk products a Big NAH.
16) D3. The vitamin which helps absorbtion of Calcium too. Plus when the body deprived from it, it can lead to FATTY liver and many more health issues. For an adult we need for every 33 pounds
(15 kg) of body weight 1000iu of it MINUMUM. So I am 160 pounds
(72kg) and I am taking 5000iu a day. The norm of it in a blood should be 30-100 (of someting) this 30 is the very minimum when the body can function Ok and over 100 is Toxicity. So when I was taken Just 400iu a day and cecked my blood on it it was just 32. Then when I started taken it 5000iu a day and checked my blood I had 52 - PERFECT!!! Ideal version of it should be between 50-80 (I would say 60-80). So even for my body weight I can easily go for 8000iu a day!... I buy that vitamine at iherb dot com (USA based website - fantastic range of producrs and delivery). Good deal is given by Healthy Origines - 360 softgels 5000iu - about $12 and the pack of 540 softgels is about $17. NOW company is also good to me. NEVER buy d3 in tablets but in softgels or drops. Softgels are Better (make sure that vit is based on Olive oil and Not soy one). Do not forget about vit A, E, Zink and Selenium.... C also vital (1-2g a day Ideally).
17)PrObiotics are a MUST. Make sure u keep them in a fridge after they are delivered. Amy Myers advises to take 50+Billions a day. Your choice.
18) L-Glutamine for repareing a Gut and it is good stuff in general. It also will help you to Repare ur gut if you have leaky gut (as most of us do). 3-5 g a day in average. I take between the meals as Now product says (just open capsules and disolve its contant in water - good).
19) Read the book called The Secret and the Power of NOW. After that your life with get BETTER. ;)
20 Be POSITIVE and Forgive! Create a List of Gratitute... wat you are Grateful in your life. Start that list with words: I have the food to eat, I have clothes to wear, I have shelter to live in (continue the list).......... :)