I'm starting this thread to document a recent treatment we started for our Cat Shyla(Shy'La), which we believe has recently contracted a respiratory infection. However... it is possible that there's something else wrong with her. ie. Shyla is a dwarf cat, very small, and she recently became pregnant. We tried desperately to keep her indoors while in heat, but this time she managed to escape and the inevitable happened. Needless to say, she had a difficult pregnancy, as she grew exponentially, she showed much discomfort as a result. However... miraculously, she delivered 3 kittens one of which died at birth while the other two seem to be doing well. Unfortunately... toward the end of her term, we noticed she began wheezing. At first we thought it was hair balls and so we get her on hair ball control good, but... the symptoms progressed as the days went by. And so we concluded it was something other than hair balls. However, I didn't want to give her MMS in the event that it could impact the pregnancy and so we decided to try and hold off as long as possible. That being said, she delivered her kittens two days ago and was quite raspy at the time. But... since we thought her breathing was somehow linked to the pregnancy, was decided to wait and see if her condition would improve following delivery. Unfortunately it seemed consistent until this evening. At which point, she looked like she was having difficulty breathing(labored). And so my wife and I started her by administering 2ML of activated MMS(2 drops) in 1/2 oz of distilled water every hour on the hour in hopes of seeing improvements. We are on our second dose and will let her sleep, but will resume treatment tomorrow morning.
She is a real cuty. All of our cats eyes changed colors when they matured, but hers stayed blue which makes her very pretty.
Excellent information btw. on the humidifier. We don't have one atm, but were going to drive into town tomorrow morning and pick one up. She currently sleeps in a closet with her kittens and so we should be able to get something setup in there for here. But do you think it could affect the kittens? Which I suspect may have contracted this condition as well. One of the little guys(or girl) has been opening his mouth and doing what looks like panting(kinda sad). And the wife and kids are starting to panic too. Not sure what we can do at this point.
Anyways, I wanted to ask if you knew what the mg > drop conversion would be for the MMS?
Also, are these ratio's based on activated MMS?
And finally, is the best administration method by mouth?
Thanks for your help with this btw.