Just found in (earthclinic Ted's remedies that if this is also called dog mange. Demodex brevis (skin mites) lives in sebaceous glands.
Our lips have sebaceous glands, and these mites could be causeing the lips to peel off.
The pictures are similar to what causes scabies but I think it is more accurate for what many of us are dealing with. The borax kills the eggs and really this is an insectiside.
I have been using bleach but this is a safe alternative. The hydrogen peroxide acts as a catalyst to help it get deeper into the tissues. I like it better than Black-Walnut
green hull tincture which is easy to make but makes you nails dark underneath and looks dirty.
He has a good recipe for dogs and I'm assuming it is okay for people. You just shampoo, shower or soak wash with soap, I use only borax usually with a citric acid
rinse but here you just bath normally, then you rinse with a solution of 5 oz
of hydrogen peroxide, the brown bottles you find in the pharmacy mixed with 10 oz
of water which you add 1-3T borax, aka twenty mule team borax laundry detergent booster. You don't wash it off. For a dog you do this once a week. He found that if it doesn't work right away, there is a bee hive somewhere in the body. I think mine is by my ear as it is kind of a rough lump and I've had ringing in that ear for a while.
Hope this helps. I find it amazing that easy to get things can be the simplist cures.