The more i think about the more i might not like the idea of sustained release vitamin C. It might be too hard on the pancreas that has to keep nuetralizing the acid from the vitamin C. The ph of our small intestines is around 6.0-6.5? So for our small intestines to be in that balance it would have to keep nuetralizing that acid from the vitamin C. I have a sensitive gut and anything beyond 500mg seems to aggravate my gut to some degree. The only time i do vitamin C is when I have to flush something out of my body or will occasionally do 500mg.
Some articles say that too much vitamin C can create oxalic acid/inflammation? Dont know how true that is though? Seems like too much of anything causes imblances.