First of all, I believe JustinBieberIsMyHero was right when he said people with mild adrenal function shouldn't give advice to people with a severe one. While I didn't have it mild, I wasn't totally bed ridden either.
I started to improve when I switched to the paleo-diet. I found out I had celiac disease/gluten intolerance. I've noticed that certain vitamins are important, esp. pantethine was for me, but the diet is more crucial.
This is where I was 12 months ago. My first post on this forums.
I should add that my gut was a mess. I had diarrhoea and constipation taking turns.
WOw, it gave me chills to read that. That was at a time when I was contemplating an escape from my miserable life.
Here's my protocol that I've described earlier. It has some changes though
- I had a calcium revelation, for some reason it makes me super calm and relaxed. I take it 2x500mg per day. I think it may have something to do with copper detox. Paleo is also low in calcium so it's good to supplement
- Vitamin C: I can tolerate vitamin C when I take it with calcium so now I'm taking 500mg of vitamin C per day and I'm going to try if I can handle 1000 mg's
- No more phosphatidylserine
- Also, I didn't mention that I try to hit 100-150 grams of carbs, primarily from low glycemic sources.
edit: - forgot to add that it took paleo + probiotics to completely heal my gut, with just paleo my poo was watery. After probiotics it's perfect composition and right on time every day.
Right now I'm at:
- I still wake up once at night at 4-5 am, but fall asleep immidiately
- anxiety is about 10 % of what it used to be, I can actually talk to co-workers without any anxiety at all, it's a strange feeling :). There are some major fears left that I will have to face when I'm completely healed. I really only feel anxious now when I'm at situations where I used to have anxiety attacks
- My confidence has grown soo much as a result of less anxiety
- My nervous system feels calm throughout the day, this has been huge for me
- I have very strong immunity, haven't been sick once since I went paleo (9 months)
- Asthma has been gone since week 1 on paleo
- almost able to exercise at will, sometimes I feel like my nerves are a little bit excited following a really hard workout, but it doesn't really bother me. I'm in great shape
I'm still not 100%, so I'll write more when I'm there.