I have had BV ever since I got my period in 6th grade. I am now a junior in college....and still pissed at the world for this. lol
The doctor is useless in my opinion. No antibiotic she has given me has cured me for longer than about 2 days after the prescription has run out. I have read and read and read about this remedy and that remedy and trying different things. I have also done extensive research on BV. I have decided that I want to try the yogurt method of cure.
I was wondering if you could answer some questions for me though because I couldnt stop laughing at my last attempt because it was such a failure. I read that you can soak your tampon in plain yogurt and then insert it and leave it over night. OK. No big deal. Easy to do right? Wrong. ha I soaked the tampon in the yogurt but then I couldnt get it in without the applicator and then when I tried to put the yogurt soaked tampon back into the appilcator...OMG...epic fail. ha
1. Exactly which yogurt should I use. I know it needs to be plain and with L. Bacteria or something like that. And exactly where can I buy it. The neareset Whole Foods is 2 states away so some place like Walmart would be nice.
2. Would this yogurt work? If you scroll down and look at the ingredients it says the bacteria that is supposidly good. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=12444434
3. Can someone please describe a very detailed step by step of how to use the yogurt....without becoming XXX graphic. I mean, it was a hopeless attempt last time. =]
4. How much yogurt do I use per treatment? How often do I do a treatment? How long should I treat?
5. I also read about pills some women were taking/inserting while doing the yogurt treatment. Do you have any information on that?
6. Any other information about the yogurt treatment would be greatly appreciated.
7. And lastly, this seems like it would have absolutely nothing to do with BV but is a pad or a tampon better for your period if you have BV? I HIGHLY doubt that it matters but does anyone have better/less symptoms if they use one or the other?
I guess that is all for now. I will be back! And thanks for helping. Its been about 10 years....time for a solution.