Note: I will pay $5,000 to anyone who can get me back to the state of health I was in when I first started iodoral. This is not a joke. I have the money.
My GP prescribed me 1 iodoral tablet (12.5mg) per day in late 2008 for various health complaints that I suspected at the time were caused by hypothyroidism (due to a family history of hypothyroidism). My laundry list of symptoms that I've had for nearly a decade went away within the first three days.
A few symptoms that were helped by iodoral:
- fatigue. During my first week on iodoral, I was sleeping only 6 hours and waking up full of energy and very clear-headed. Previously, I would sleep upwards of 14-15 hours daily and I would still wake up tired.
- my balance was drastically improved
- dry mouth/lack of saliva disappeared
- digestion drastically improved
- hoarseness and throat pain disappeared
- cystic Acne
began drying up overnight. I've had blood-filled cysts appear in my skin since my teens. I can feel a cyst forming within an hour if I eat gluten, sugar, or dairy. These cysts dried up almost immediately and one large cyst was completely gone within three days.
- cold extremities became warm for the first time in over a decade
- appetite increased significantly and I began gaining weight (I was previously underweight and had almost no appetite at all)
I was feeling so great after a week that I ended up eating some food that contained gluten and cheese (I was on a gluten-free, dairy-free diet at the time). A couple hours after eating this food, I was so overcome with fatigue that I slept for about six hours in the middle of the day. Since then, my symptoms have all gradually come back and I'm in the same position that I started in.
I've spent thousands of dollars on countless tests and been to endocrinologists, gastroenterologists, naturopaths, and other doctors in the past year and nobody can help alleviate my symptoms. All adrenal and thyroid tests come back normal. Heavy metals tests show no excessive metals. Gastroenterologist found nothing abnormal.
If anybody can offer any insight into what the iodoral could have done that helped me out so dramatically and any advice on how I could get back to that state, I would be eternally grateful and your pocketbook could become a little heavier.