I am sorry, but I don't have enough test data or information to present a protocol for internal use. There is work in progress with this, but so far I am not encouraged by the results involving high concentration doses for specific illnesses. I have seen improvements with concentrations in the fractional to 5 PPM concentrations, but nothing consistent.
Keep in mind that this is more of a study than real research. Our population of test people is not typical, and we have limited access to various illnesses.
I have a very good idea of what concentrations make people sick, and I don't believe the nausea and diarrhea and vomiting are the result of a "herx" reaction. I also have a very good idea on how to use chlorine dioxide and acidified sodium chlorite solutions externally and for water treatment. Our house, out buildings, and garage are mold free, and we have very clean laundry. We no longer worry about salmonella contaminated fruit, vegetables, and meat, but I haven't figured out how to deal with peanut butter...
I encourage people to have blood tests done to serve as a base line and to monitor for any indications of oxidative stress. It is also a good idea to run things by your health care provider so they can keep an eye out for any subtle signs of oxidative stress.
I purchase my 5% sodium chlorite solution from a local chemical company. In bulk it is running me around $1.25 per pound. In this last year I have used about 2 gallons (about a little over $20 worth) in various testing and usage. The 5% that I use is blended from 31% technical grade which yields a 25% solution. Miracle-Mineral-Supplement
is 28% technical grade which yields 22.4%.
To make a 5% solution from a 22.4% solution you blend it with water. Since 22.4% is 4.48 times as concentrated as 5%, you put 1 part of the 22.4% solution with 3.48 parts water.
For example, in a container you would put 1 ounce of Miracle-Mineral-Supplement
and add 3.48 ounces
of water. This would give you 4.48 ounces
of 5% sodium chlorite. Distilled water is a good choice for this.
Remember that sodium chlorite solutions break down in light, so store your solution in a cool dark place.
When using 5% sodium chlorite, each ml contains 50 mg of sodium chlorite, so you can figure your amounts, based on your body weight, from that. Miracle-Mineral-Supplement
contains 224 mg of sodium chlorite per ml. You will have to run some tests putting drops into a graduated cylinder to determine how may drops you make per ml. When I ran this test, I ended up with 17 drops of MMS per ml.
The most effective way to activate 5% sodium chlorite is to use a 1:1 ratio of 10% citric acid
. For example, if you put 1 ml of 5% sodium chlorite and activate it with 1 ml of 10% citric acid
, let the activation continue for 5 - 10 minutes, then dilute with 1 liter of water, you will end up with a solution with 30 PPM available chlorine dioxide and about 3 PPM free chlorine dioxide.
A heaping tablespoon (16 ml) of 5% sodium chlorite put into 16 ounces
(500 ml) of water will make an excellent mouthwash. Please note that the mouthwash does not use activation. The activation comes from the acids in your mouth when you use it. To mix up a solution for general use in a spray bottle use 2 teaspoons of the 5% sodium chlorite solution and activate it with 2 teaspoons of 10% citric acid
. Let the activation continue for 5 - 10 minutes, then dilute with 16 ounces (500 ml) of water and put it into a spray bottle. I use this solution in our laundry, to disinfect counter tops and cutting boards, and to disinfect fruits, vegetables, and meats. Spray it on, let it sit for a minute or two, then a quick rinse with water will take care of salmonella.
The one area that we have seen excellent results is in using the mouthwash regularly. Our dentists are interested in what we are doing because of the improvement they have seen in our oral hygiene.