the following statements are just a few that are found on the Miracle-Mineral-Supplement
site and/or purported by others to "explain" how and why Miracle-Mineral-Supplement
works yet it is plain "bad science" --my degrees in developmental bio and the decades spent teaching pre-med and nursing students as well as even more years as a Science
ed consultant compels me to refute the following:
1.- false statement: only "bad" microbes are 'negatively' charged and/or pathogens cant survive alkaline environments..
we must not be content to repeat what we have heard or seen written by those selling anything. ANY intro level microbio text will tell you that the following DEADLY pathogens exist and thrive in alkaline environments: enterococcus, erysipelous bacteria, listeria and yes even fungus like aspergillus which has become deadly to many. therefore stating only 'good' bacteria are alkaline is FALSE- also, ingesting an alkaline will make these pathogens more likely to cause harm, NOT "kill" them.
-According to experiments by Weichselbaum et al " when gastric fluids become alkaline microbes do NOT lose their pathogenic properties"...
-2. False statement:Good bacteria cant be harmed-- what about GOOD bacteria that thrive in ACID environments ( almost all of the probiotics like lactobacillus). What is ingesting an alkaline doing to THEM??? while many cant make it past stomach acids, some DO and others do well in the slightly less acid but NOT alkaline GI tract, beyond the stomach, as well. if ANY bacteria or viruses are harmed, so too will the "good" bacteria.
3. False statement- harmless salts form- the common salt thats forming?? mostly right in the gut .hence the nausea- any scientific evidence that ANY of the active CLO2 stuff thats making you so nauseated getting anywhere into the blood??? I have seen NONE. The mammal body is pretty good at keeping things where they belong, why would such a toxic substance as ClO2 be allowed to get into the blood at high enough quantity? Id love to SEE blood and intracellular levels of ClO2 after ingesting this stuff
so too Id like to see the proof of its ability to get into the RBC--the membrane system makes it difficult at best for larger and unfamiliar molecules to simply cross the barrier membranes.
4. False statement- the CLO2 deposits onto stomach walls where it enters the body like other nutrients--well first off nutrients leave the gut via small intestines NOT the stomach, secondly the acids in the stomach would react with the CLO2 anyway.
5. False statement--if you have nothing in the body below acid level/Ph7 there are no ill effects--ummm what about the acids in the stomach?? and what about those good bacteria- ACIDophilus etc??
FYI HEALTHY microbes like lactobacillus require Ph range of 5.8-6.6 ACIDIC and
some pathogens like clostridium do well at 6.0-7.6--that is, they thrive even with alkaline environs!!
when in a state of health human body is slightly ACIDIC
while blood is usally slightly alkaline at 7.4 ( arteries) and 7.3 (veins)
Urine Ph norms = 6.0
saliva Ph norma 6.0-7.4 and vary so widely it cannot be used to measure the entire body's Ph levels
there are individual variations so that within a small range we each have optimum levels depending upon diet and genetics and other factors.
6. False statement--no chlorine is involved--that chlorine like odor when you mix it??? chlorine!! matter of fact if you inhale the fumes you will be inhaling chlorine gas and may well end up needing medical attention!
7. false statement- ingesting Miracle-Mineral-Supplement
causes Ph changes of the entire body/blood to occur--no one has shown this to happen.
- in any case, any PH changes that may occur, are very quickly rebalanced in the body,and kept within very strict levels ( different for various tissues etc) UNLESS one is so ill as to be unable and then they face a probable DEADLY outcome. Theres a reason why saliva and blood are slightly alkaline and urine acid...why would anyone think playing around with this balance is GOOD???
- except in presence of some very specific illnesses, you cannot change one's cellular Ph safely. Have you seen people in acidosis or alkalosis?? I have...not pretty. tiny changes that dont upset the natural balance also dont do much of anything for invaders...they too "like" the same margins of Ph our cells do.
8. false statement--the nasuea/vomting, diarrhea means a good thing--pathogens and toxins are leaving the body-maybe even a "herx"
if you ingest enough 'common salt' or salt water you will also vomit etc...like I advised to those doing the Salt/Vit c cure this too has very big risks. BUT this is NOT proof of a Herx!! or of healing or even detoxing--its your body screaming " hey stop that"
Not all negative symptom results can be called "herxes" regardless of whats causing them. that term has become way to loosely used and why we often have trouble getting other trained professionals to listen to us when a real Herx ( or other event poorly adopted) happens
FYI as for pathogens and changing Ph-as far back as the "Principles of Surgery" by Nicholas Seim it was well known that altering the stomach's acidity by making it alkaline will actually PRESERVE the virulence of pathogens and make the patient MORE likely to get deadly SEPSIS!! ingesting a strong alkaline is NOT therefore a 'good' thing. it will allow pathogens in the GI tract to become stronger and even to be passed further into one's body.
- saying chlorine dioxide is safe because we produce tiny amounts of it is patently silly. even WATER becomes toxic at high amounts. and anyone can look up 'chlorine dioxide' to see that its quite a dangerous substance. Citing its uses is like my saying that at one time ARSENIC was used quite successfully against spirochetes specifically syphilis. well, who here would want to ingest arsenic??
9. False statement- Malaria has been cured in Malawi and Uganda--
-I have intimate knowledge of the malaria situation in Africa due to my daughter ( grad student of anthropology who unfortunately for my gray hair travels out of this country a LOT). and I can unequivocably say that NO cure for malaria has been done there on any large scale IF AT ALL. Hundreds are STILL dying in hospitals from resistant parasites. I have a BIG problem with advertising 'cures' when I know them to be less than truthful.if they 'fudge' or exaggerate in one area then how can I believe the rest of the claims. I personally emailed the Ministers of Health of Malawi and Uganda and to this date None have been willing to say that anyone there used/uses MMS and that ANYONE has been cured of Malaria with it. Youd think theyd be bragging over their superiority if this happened. Id like to see PROOF from anyone of this happening as per the MMS website
10 false statement-resistance to this ( if it works) cant happen-
RESISTANCE can and does build whenever ANY microbe killer is used. period. This ClO2 cannot and does not instantly kill every last "bad" microbe all at once...IF it did why then do you need it for so long????? the microbes that are NOT killed are very quickly reporducing and those survivors are passing along their genetic know-how to get STRONGER. For the same reasons Antibiotics
are a big cause of the resistant bacteria we now face, taking ANY killer will do the SAME.using anything that puts pressure on another living thing to adapt will cause genetic changes ( mutationally or simply gradually with reproduction). ALL living things have one prime directive : survive and reproduce--and they will find a way to do so.
Im guessing that with some more time I can even find for you microbes that lap up chlorine. many thought for so long nothing can grow with high methane- WRONG, high sulfur or temperatures-WRONG.nothing can grow in Ice- wrong- turns out that there is LIFE adapted to very last environment on Earth. And some are pathogenic in every area.
11. people are being cured--well maybe they ARE and maybe not--but not from this--from what? placebo effect perhaps ( at what cost or risk), perhaps by other stuff theyve done previously--after all many who try this have failed many times on previous treatments...maybe all they needed was healing time.
am I therefore saying no one should use this or any other supposed miracle cure??? NO -its not for ME to say that. BUT when we are exhorting others to take the same risks we must be VERY sure we have given them ALL of the correct information and not putting OTHERS in harms way!
what I AM saying is that we must be much more careful about our "facts" and only then can we EACH decide in a fully informed manner which risks we each are willing to take. Id be happy to admit any errors on my part if you provide the substantiation.
Im also pretty sure that if any of the so called miracle cures out there really are a global for-all cure, then we would all be "cured" . the fact that there are so many of us still ill proves to me that as yet it doesnt exists. Unfortunately for many illnesses, the individualness of the situation makes it that much LESS likely of a cure for all. so far all "universal" cure all havent stood the test of time.
IF any of you are truly feeling better after doing ANY cure, then may G-d Bless and may you continue to heal. BUT that doesnt mean that for others itd be a safe or healthy decision to do something so risky, especially blinded by the advice and what Ive read so far on this and other sites.
. we have to be willing to embrace facts even if theyre contrary to what you 'believe' or have 'heard' or seen as written by those wanting to sell their products.
continue to take, or do, what helps you but be open to the fact that you may be doing so at great risk and urging others to do the same while hiding ALL of the information ( including that which is opposite to your beliefs) is IMHO negligent.
and that would make us no better than Big Pharma who most of us can agree has a nasty habit of providing only the studies supporting their drugs while conveniently forgetting to print harmful outcomes!! Many of us would and DO take drugs with a long list of warnings...but at least we have been warned.
Denying the WHOLE truth about ANY new cure-all ( and ALL things have good and bad about them) does no one any good.the people losing kidneys after doing Salt/C and many others terribly ill on other regimens are now being blocked and booted off many sites for sharing their experiences--'too negative' , 'cant be true' are the reasons. Is this what we want??
before simply accepting anything
first understand the basic Science
behind unbelievable claims, then investigate motive and if the inventor understands the good and bad effects and finally balance the risks with benefits--and IF at the outset many lies/exaggerations are told and the Science
is all wrong ask youselves--HOW can anything thats said then be trusted??
and thats one of many reasons why the Drs without Borders and the WHO etc arent going anywhere near this!!! too much is so very wrong they cant possibly take anything else seriously