[quote=Jim Humble]You are right.The(y) have increased the citric acid
solution to 50%.
That is 5 times stronger and for the same number of drops it makes a stronger solution as a stronger acid makes a stronger solution.[/quote]
I totally agree with Jim on this. In fact, I ran some tests on it and confirmed it, but we will get to that later.
[quote=Jim Humble]It is bogus because everyone can take only so much chlorine dioxide and then they get sick.
The only advantage is that they can use the same number of drops of citric acid
as the use of Miracle-Mineral-Supplement
On this point, I agree, and disagree with Jim.
I agree that you can only take so much chlorine dioxide and then you get sick, but Jim has outlined dilution rates based on using vinegar, which is a weaker acid than 10% citric acid
, and has not revised the dilution rates for the higher acid. A stronger acid releases more chlorine dioxide and I agree with Jim on that.
Apple cider vinegar is around 5% citric acid. Jim repeatedly in the book mentions that when the solution is mixed it ends up with around 1 PPM of free chlorine dioxide. So far, so good, but now we are advised to use 10% citric acid to activate. This is 2 times stronger than apple cider vinegar.
I ran some tests on this and this is what I found...
Following the examples given in the book, I mixed up 12 drops of 28% sodium chlorite and 60 drops of apple cider vinegar. After 3 minutes, I diluted it with 120 ml water.
The resultant solution had about 2 PPM free ClO2.
This is exactly what Jim said it should be, however when I mix the same solution using the "new" 10% citric acid activator, I come up with a much higher concentration of chlorine dioxide. Perhaps high enough to make you sick.
I mixed up 12 drops of 28% sodium chlorite and 60 drops of 10% citric acid. After 3 minutes, I diluted it with 120 ml water.
The resultant solution had about 100 PPM free ClO2.
This is around 50 times a higher concentration of chlorine dioxide and is a significant departure from the original protocol.
I also ran some tests on the Spiritus formulation. I mixed up 3 drops of 28% sodium chlorite and 3 drops of 50% citric acid. After 3 minutes, I diluted it with 120 ml of water.
The resultant solution at about 50 PPM free ClO2.
Using far less drops of the 28% sodium chlorite solution, you end up with a solution that is around 25 times stronger than the original Miracle-Mineral-Supplement
So, in addition to the advantage of using equal parts of sodium chlorite and activator, you also have the advantage of using far less sodium chlorite to achieve the same strength dose.
As a matter of fact, 1 drop of 28% sodium chlorite plus 1 drop of 10% citric acid with 1000 ml of water added will give you a full liter of solution with 1 PPM free chlorine dioxide.
I wonder if you could pass this information on to Jim and ask him if he has any information on how high a concentration of chlorine dioxide it takes to make you sick.