Hi, just managed to find a past post that hesham posted on the herballure forum
This has been copied and pasted-
From Dr Hesham El-Essawy.
Many thanks Richard for your intelligent observations and remarks. I also note that on your own initiative you tested water alone and that read zero mercury.
As to the confusion about sulphur content, I tested sulphur alone and in MSM and it gave a reading of 13. The sulphur content does ‘confuse’ the machine but only to a little extent. That is why in my food testing for mercury vapour I put an arbitrary ‘allowed’ level of 20. It is very hard to find food that is totally free from mercury in UK, and that is totally due to the fertiliser used even on organic food produce. The mercury in food is not due to the produce itself of course. I recently tested some locally grown garlic, chicken and eggs while on my lecture tour in Egypt and found that they all read zero mercury. The difference is in the fertiliser.
The mercury content of food depends on the presence of sulphur, and ironically perhaps, it is sulphur that helps absorb mercury out of the fertiliser or whatever into the food and it is also sulphur that binds to it and prevents it from doing the damage it can otherwise do.
We always notice that the mercury readings in our patients’ mouths become even higher after Amalgam
removal, meanwhile, the patients symptoms are improving steadily. That means that mercury from Amalgam
is highly damaging but mercury from food is not as damaging because it is combined with sulphur. Higher readings of mercury after the Amalgam
removal are also due in part to excretion through the expired air and the saliva, also through the crevicular fluid.
We have learned a great deal through carefully trying to interpret these results. We noticed that if the patient sticks carefully to our NONO LIST of avoiding mercury-rich food he or she does not get high readings post-op. so the link with mercury in food is established in my view. Richard tells us that when he stopped eating the foods that he tested high in mercury he felt the improvement immediately, and I could not be happier for him as he truly suffered.
He also made a very intelligent observation, which is that he felt more sensitive after following the Candida diet, and felt really bad when he took an anti-Candida drug. The reason behind that is that the yeast does absorb mercury and that is why the gut mucosa encourages the Candida to grow. This means that those with Candida should not start to fight it hard till after they get rid of mercury from their teeth (not just from the fillings) and as much as possible from their food. This observation will be labelled in my book as ‘the Richard sign’.
Another important point worthy of mention here is that, before we start to mobilise any toxin from the body we must make sure that the exit gates, i.e. excretion channels, are open, otherwise we will have a problem. This means work on supporting the liver, the colon and on the kidneys.
I do not know about mercury in pesticides. I shall try to read some in the near future.
The word ‘organic’ have absolutely no bearing on mercury content. Perhaps the soil association should take note of that and sorts this problem out for us, as food fertilised with chicken droppings is ‘perfectly’ Organic according to the guidelines of that association. If you are looking for foods that are low in mercury you will have to look at bio or bio-dynamic food produce that test very low in mercury in our experience.
There are a lot to learn about this, and although we have been working on the problem for 17 years, we are learning new things all the time.
Best wishes to all.