"Can we use unrefined oil for OP, as unrefined oil will have some vitamins good for health?
Dr. Karach has recommended only refined oil. This has been used by millions of people with wonderful cures and accepted in practice. Regarding unrefined oil there may be ingredients injurious to the body and its taste, color and smell may not be agreeable. It may cause or induce vomiting sensation in some people. Since pesticides and insecticides are used in crops, it is possible that trace elements of such poisonous chemicals are not only harmful to health but also carcinogenic. Since refined oil is colorless, odorless and tasteless, such a situation would not arise. I therefore suggest do not use unrefined oils for OP."
"Procedure for practice of Oil Pulling:
· Take one tablespoon (two tea spoons=10ml) of refined sunflower oil or sesame oil in
the mouth on an empty stomach in the morning.
· With the mouth closed and chin up, without speed or effort, sip, suck, and pull the oil
through the teeth in a relaxed way, and also exercise the jaw as if chewing, for a total
period of 15 to 20 minutes.
· Do not gargle in the throat.
· Initially the oil is viscous but slowly it turns thin and white like milk as you continue.
· (If the oil color is yellow and has not turned white pulling is not done sufficiently long or oil
quantity is more).
· Spit out as and when the mouth gets full.
· Wash your mouth and teeth thoroughly.
· Drink two or three glasses of water.
· Do not swallow. However, inadvertently if you swallow, there is nothing to worry. It will go
out through motion if not digested.
· Do not spit where people walk or on vegetation. You can spit in the toilet and flush it.
· If you are allergic to a particular brand, change the brand of oil or to different oil. Make
sure the oil is good and refined.
· Keep chin up so that pulling covers the back of oral cavity and the molar teeth.
· For children of five years and above, only one teaspoon full (five ml) of oil will do.
Important note: Oils other than sun flower and sesame oils do not produce desired results."