I have just discovered Miracle-Mineral-Supplement
, and before starting to use it, I have some questions relating to pH levels in the body and how Miracle-Mineral-Supplement
I heard Jim Humble say that Miracle-Mineral-Supplement
"will destroy all things in the body that are below the pH of 7, that anything below 7 is too acid and thus pathogenic. .The concern I have with that statement is this: different organs, tissues, and therefore cells in the body have different acidity levels. There is no one pH of the body. For example, the pH of the stomach is around 2 (quite acidic), the skin is 6.2, urine 6.5, large intestine 5.5, saliva 7.0. Some tissues and cells in the body therefore are naturally more acidic than 7.0. These varying pH levels provide not only optimal function (e.g.,stomach acid helps protein breakdown), but also serve to create resistance to infection. I also believe these varying pH levels serve to "dump" excess acid from the tissues, thus serving a beneficial purpose.
The ideal pH of the blood is 7.46, give or take 0.1. Of course the body works hard to maintain this level through kidney, lung, and metabolic adjustments.
So, if MMS attacks anything below 7.46, does it attack the stomach lining or the large intestine (as examples) because of the low pH in these organs?
Mr. Humble also states that "amazingly enough, all disease pathogens are below the acidic level of the body", inferring that all bacteria, viruses, etc. below the acid level of the body (7.46) are pathogenic and will be destroyed by MMS. To me, this is a concern because there are plenty of beneficial bacteria that reside in our bodies at a much lower pH than our tissues. The ideal pH of the bowel is 5.5 for a very good reason: to keep friendly bacteria such as acidophilus alive and prospering. Acidophilus needs an acid environment, thus the name (acid loving). It's also well known that only about 1 to 2% of all micro-organisms are known to be undesirable or pathogenic. Should we kill all non-pathogens in our bodies that fall below a pH of 7.46? Wouldn't this leave us more vulnerable to pathogenic bacteria and yeast overgrowth?
I would very much welcome elucidation on this, as I would love to take MMS. If anyone can shed some light on this, thank you.