I haven't digested everything in this post yet, but the overview says do what Clark says about getting rid of the mercury before embarking on a clean-up program. We who still have some Amalgam
tooth fillings have no way of knowing how much mercury we have in our systems without a prior hair analysis or other test, therefore we can't pinpoint where the problem is coming from, exactly, if we have an untoward reaction to any natural substance. However, any substance that is concentrated even in its natural state without being in exact proportions to other balancing chemicals that exist in it's natural state does have the potential to act like a drug, hence Clark's precautionary statements for the L Cysteine and her advice on the use of it.
This is why we all take full responsibility for any and all things that we do here on CZ. It isn't done without a lot of study, understanding and forethought.
We are delicately balanced creatures when it comes to chemistry. Balancing that is something that must be understood and worked on. It requires the help of professional who understands and does the correct thing.
It's more difficult here in the U.S. to get any dentist to admit the dangers of mercury and certainly to do anything about it. We have to do something about it by getting rid of the mercury and then chelate out the heavy metal toxins. I am having all my teeth removed in the near future. With all I was presented with for health problems at the start, here, this all has been quite a challenge. I didn't realize the extent of all my health problems. Certainly nothing that would be addressed by an allopathic MD. I knew years ago my liver was in trouble. Nothing but pain and problems post g/b surgery. The last time I was in the ER about 4 months ago with liver toxicity and having a bad reaction precipitated by a diabetic drug I was on for only a few days, they didn't even order ONE liver functon test. Not even after I told them what the problem was. One can imagine the fustration and suffering. I must say that there was a lot of anger there, too. A toxic liver/body and a "ton" of bugs that I didn't know I had!
I am aware of the fact that any allergic reaction happens because of a toxic chemical or chemicals in the body. Our intolerance for anything of a natural OR manmade chemical can be in exact proportion to the degree of toxins in our bodies. I have probably done things with the the whole cleanse programs here that are bass ackwards! I came on here in pretty bad shape with the parasites
and am working towards getting my body in a better state of homeostasis. It all takes time.
This is a really good, informative thread. I appreciate all the information. It is an R in my book.