There are higher concentrations of mercury in the autopsied brains of patients who died of Alzheimers than are present in the autopsied brains of patients who did not have Alzheimers.
MERCURY TOXICITY & DISEASES
ALZHEIMERS DISEASE, DEMENTIA
Drs Markesberys and Ehmanns experiments have shown there are higher concentrations of mercury in the autopsied brains of patients who died of Alzheimers than are present in the autopsied brains of patients who did not have Alzheimers.
"You wouldnt take a leaky thermometer, put it in your mouth, and leave it there 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Yet thats exactly what happens when an amalgam filling is installed in your mouth."----Dr Michael Ziff.
"The primary cause of Alzheimers is "iatrogenic" disease caused by chronic low level mercurial poisoning from amalgam dental fillings."---Tom Warren http://www.midnightcafe.com/alzh/
In 1996 a student doing a thesis on dental amalgam was rung by the Chief medical Officer of the European Commission (in reply to her letter). After his expected defense of amalgam she disagreed with everything he said and stated why there was a world wide conspiracy about the amalgam issue: 1) Millions of people around the world will rush forward holding amalgam responsible for many ailments and start to sue their dentists. 2) Practically every dentist would have to be retrained and many would collapse. 3) Insurance companies would be wiped out overnight. She said it just boiled down to money and the avoidance of a financial catastrophe. There was a complete shocked silence at his end and he then agreed with her! He said there would be a world wide catastrophe if the truth be known about amalgam.
"Dental mercury amalgams are not stable they undergo CORROSION, and dangerous amounts of MERCURY VAPOR are daily released .that may be inhaled by the lungs and in that way enter the general blood circulation and pass into the whole body. However far more dangerous are similarly released mercurial FUMES, which instead settle down on the mucous membranes in the upper region of the NASAL CAVITY, from where the mercury is transported directly to the brain! These pathways are either by the OLFACTORY NERVES or by the valve-less cranial VENOUS system that presents an open venous communication between the oro-nasal cavity and the brain."Patrick Stortebecker, M.D., Ph.D.
"Mercuric compounds are the potential sources of the mercuric ion that, at the worst, kills all living things, or, at the very least, causes cellular damage and organ dysfunction. when ingested in any form Mercury produces destructive changes in the mucous membrane linings of the gastrointestinal tract. It enters the blood circulation, travels to the tissues, and then damages literally every cell with which it comes into contact. Mercury molecules, no matter how tiny the amounts that enter the body, cause destruction, particularly in cells of the kidneys, liver, and brain."---Cadorph & Walker
"Worldwide there are over 4000 research papers indicating mercury is a highly toxic substance. How can dentists be so thoughtless as to place one of the deadliest toxins in existence "two" inches from our brain?"Tom Warren
"It is sobering to realise that the original "quacks" were dentists who advocated the use of mercury amalgam and that most dentists are still advocating it today. Quacksalber is the old German word for mercury.
"The maximum amount of mercury that the Environment Protection Agency allows people to be exposed to is 5,000 times smaller than the permissible amount of lead exposure; in other words the EPA apparently considers mercury to be 5,000 times more toxic than lead."---- Marcia Basciano DDS at annual meeting of IAOMT san diego 1994.
Dr Haley, Ph.D. has produced tubulin defects in laboratory cultures of brain tissue by adding low concentration of mercury plus EDTA, a common food additive. Tubulin defects are thought to be the mechanism which produces the neurofibrillary tangles characteristic of Alzheimers Disease.(Quicksilver Associates)
Haley, Vimy and Lorscheider reasoned that because mercury vapor from amalgam fillings is absorbed into the sinuses and goes through the blood stream directly to the brain, they might obtain a stronger result by exposing the rats to mercury vapor. The team calculated a dose of mercury vapor that would be the rat equivalent of a humans inhaling the vapor from fillings. They exposed six rats to these carefully-measured quantities over a period of 7 days to 24 days. The result was stunning: all six experimental animals treated with mercury vapor deteriorated markedly.When their tissues were examined, all six rats had brain aberrancies like those found in human Azheimers' patients. In Dr Haleys words, "The results of this experiment are terrifying. Im getting the rest of my mercury fillings taken out right now, and Ive asked my wife to have hers replaced too."
"The aluminum industry is gathering together all research documents, marketing promotion documents, and trade association documents for that near future time when individual populations worldwide will wake up to the dangers of its aluminum products. Court actions are inevitable. In the meantime aluminum company executives are attempting to win friends for themselves and the industry. For instance, Edward Truschke, the executive director of the Alzheimer's Association headquarters in Chicago, in response to our multiple inquiries, finally admitted that his organization has received unrestricted grant monies from the Aluminum Association of Canada (ALCAN) and from the Aluminum Company of America (ALCOA). He did not acknowledge, but we are aware anyway, that the international Alzheimer's disease medical meeting held in July 1992, in Italy, was sponsored in part by the Aluminum Association of Canada."----Dr Casdorph, M.D. & Dr Morton Walker
"Our Medical Advisory Panel do not consider it appropriate for the Society to recommend it (chelation) to our members."---Alzheimers Disease Society (UK) Caring for dementia.
"We can't put these chelation doctors out of business without your help."---FDA administrator Dr Stuart Nightingale in a speech to the AMA House of Delagates, Honolulu, 1984.
"Since 1952 the medical profession has had the means to reduce or reverse the signs and symptoms of Alzheimers disease."Dr Casdorph.
Alzheimers drugs: Estimates from around £100 per month. 500,000 X 12 X 100= £600 Million (UK), yearly. Times 4 USA, plus an army of expensive medical support.
Many medicines contain aluminium. Antacids contain from 44mg to 400mg per dose. Over the counter buffered aspirin contain up to 44mg. Over the counter antidiarrheal drugs contain up to 600mg per tablet. Louis Blank who recovered from alzheimers (disputed of course) was a heavy user of antacids.
"The first case of MS was diagnosed in Paris 1832, and the first amalgam was placed in Paris 1832." Hal Huggins, D.D.S.
"By the time I finished writing Beating Alzheimers three other persons in our hometown regained their short term memory following the identical program that reversed my AD. A daughter of a 93-year-old woman wrote that her mother recovered from AD. The daughter used my book as a guide. I am aware of physicians who use my book to help patients regain their short term memory. Several years ago, a physician reversed his own AD and has returned to full time practice. Two nurses reversed schizophrenia. One nurse told me that he felt like he had recovered from general anesthesia. Occasionally someone tells me that I saved his or her life. They also say years, sometimes ten years, are missing from their lives."---Tom Warren
When I wrote, Beating Alzheimers, I realized that, at the time, there was not enough evidence nor did I have the credentials, specifically to write the medical procedures that reversed my downward spiral of short term memory loss, exhaustion, cantankerous disposition, depression and the early signs of dementia. My lack of sophistication about medical politics and processes led me to assume physicians would rapidly put an end to AD, not to try to put the very physicians who know the most about reversing AD and chronic disease out of business. But thats what happened. Anyone who challenges a mind set (paradigm) of the medical establishment is asking for trouble, especially if the primary cause of AD is "iatrogenic" disease.
"Worldwide, conservatively, more than 20 million people have iatrogenic diseases caused by one medical specialty: dentists. The ADA is fighting a rear guard action to keep the public from learning that dentists, by use of mercury-silver amalgam fillings for decades, have poisoned more than 85 per cent of our population. The ADA has covered up its culpability in the same way breast implant and cigarette manufacturers deny disease connection to those products. Potential economic liability to amalgam manufacturers, their distributors, dentists and the ADA is incalculable."Tom Warren
"The ADA owes no legal duty of care to protect the public from allegedly dangerous products used by dentists ..Dissemination of information relating to the practice of dentistry does not create a duty of care to protect the public from potential injury."----ADA lawyers.
"In large measure, those martyred by dementia are showing the results of toxicity from mercury, aluminium, lead, cadmium, arsenic and other heavy metals. Their neurons have been poisoned. They are turned into alzheimers victims directly through the efforts of dentists who blindly follow the party line of their trade union organisation, the ADA."Dr Casdorph, M.D.
"On February 1, 1992, the German Ministry of Health declared a ban on silver-mercury fillings. The German announcement contradict the pervasive and fraudulent pronouncements by the ADA these two organisations blatantly lie when they say silver-amalgam fillings are harmless to patients (said) merely to protect American dentists from legal assaults by an angry public."Casdorph.
"Three thousand doctors of the Toxicology Society came together at a medical conference in Seattle, Washington, several years ago to condemn mercury-silver amalgam fillings. Their revelations should have made banner front page headlines all around the world. Just three short stories appeared in the Press."---Tom Warren
"Weve had numerous people diagnosed with Alzheimers who got better; they just come out of it; they are leading normal lives today. And then, of course, what the doctors say is its not Alzheimers. You run into that Catch-22 all the time. They say, well, it was probably just a temporary premature dementia, and they write-off the recovery to preserve their ignorance."---Dick Shulze, N.D. M.H. http://www.healthfree.com/schulze/
"The Alzheimer's type of dementia does respond rather well to chelation therapy. Fifteen Alzheimer's disease patients, in a private clinical setting, were tested first, then administered chelation therapy, and were observed by loved ones to have returned to normal, or near normal, functioning. It was a gratifying experience for everyone involved with the testing and treatment: diagnostitians, clinicians, health care technicians, the patients, plus their family and friends." -Dr Casdorph, M.D. & Dr Morton Walker
"In treating Alzheimer's patients, the following are some of the approaches I've found helpful.
1. Eliminate any sources of aluminum exposure: cookware, utensils, foil, underarm deodorants, drinking water,and any juices and drinks packaged in aluminum-lined cartons. Cut out those vitamins as well as bottled waterpackaged in bottles with aluminum across the top.
2. Undergo a brain and body detoxification program, which should include a supervised fast. Now don't attempt to detoxify on your own. You must have holistic physicians or practitioners who are knowledgeable, competent, and experienced in these practices because if you attempt it on your own, you may come up with some upsetting surprises. Raw juice therapy helps flush out the toxins and brings an enzyme to the raw nutrients. Colonic irrigation will help clean out the colon of years of accumulated material and help the body function properly. Drinking distilled water, at least in the beginning or for part of the treatment, is also beneficial, along with the use of herbal non caffeinated teas.
3. Have all of your silver, mercury amalgam dental fillings removed from your teeth. Tom Warren, who wrote Beating Alzheimer's, emphasized the importance of this procedure.
4. Bio-oxidative therapies are very effective in bringing oxygen into the brain to make it able to think. These include oxygen chamber therapy, ozone therapy, and hydrogen peroxide, among others. Also, vitamin E, aerobic exercising, and deep breathing in a relatively pure environment can be helpful. The herb gingko biloba is very beneficial.
5. The antioxidants, which work on the brain, are beneficial: vitamin A, thiamine hydrochloride, riboflavin, niacinamide, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, B12, folic acid, parameicbenzoic acid, biotin, choline and inositol, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin P bioflavinoids (such as quercetin and pignogenol), the sulfur-containing amino acids L-cysteine and L-methionine, and the enzymes such as co-enzyme Q10.
6. EDTA chelation therapy, done intravenously, is very good for removing the heavy toxic metals, which include lead, cadmium, arsenic, nickel, copper, iron, mercury, and aluminum. Despherioximine works well, specifically as an aluminum-chelating agent.
7. Homeopathic remedies will also remove aluminum from the body and the brain. Then you have to take orthomolecular nutritional therapy, intravenously or with intramuscular shots, along with oral supplements of all thenutrients.
8. The clinical ecologists have made a major contribution to treating people with Alzhleimer's disease by recommending that you have a food-rotation diet--in which you eat a variety of foods and no one food more than once or twice a week--thus eliminating the food allergens to which you are generally addicted. You should also eliminate alcohol, caffeine, tobacco, sugar, and foods that are refined, processed, or filled with chemicals and artificial color dyes, and replace them with natural, organically grown wholesome and whole foods.
9. Biomagnetic and electromagnetic pulse therapies are also helpful. Biofeedback, acupuncture, electro-acupuncture, and ear or auricular therapy can also be tried.
10. There are other nutrient substances that help the brain: An Israeli lecithin substance, AL721, which was originally used to give energy and reduce cholesterol in elderly people, and also was used to combat HIV and AIDS, also helps the brain. You might try Dr. Ana Aslan's treatment called Gerovital (GH3) and live cell therapy, which is illegal in America, but there are places outside that use this therapy. Also take super-triple-phosphotidycholine. There are supplement companies that manufacture brain formulas, which are composed of various amino acids, enzymes, vitamins, and minerals. Niacin is helpful because it opens up the blood vessels and brings nutrients, blood, and oxygen to the brain. Mineral baths, consisting of sodium, potassium, and magnesium, which get in through the pores of the skin, are also helpful.
11. Herbal remedies are also helpful: cell salts, Bach flower remedies, and homeopathic remedies.
12. Finally, since the brain of an Alzheimer's patient shrinks, we have to rehydrate it with pure water, daily; it takes about six months to compensate for the shrinkage." Dr Phillip Hodes.
"In the case of dementia, my approach is to see whether there are some nutrients that the person may need. Some people have improved quite a bit on a program in which they received injectable B vitamins and magnesium. Some of these elderly people have difficulty absorbing vitamins and minerals simply because of long-term chronic deficiencies, so an injectable program becomes very, very helpful.
One of the first things I do is give them a trial of some vitamins and minerals by injection and often that will be very helpful. In addition, I have been using EDTA chelation therapy because by using disodium EDTA with magnesium, we find that we're able to reverse some of the aging processes by removing calcium from soft tissues, where it doesn't belong, and trying to get it back into the bone, where it does belong. The chelation process, which is an intravenous treatment, will help with soft tissue decalcification, in addition to removing heavy metals.
There is some research relating aluminum toxicity Alzheimer's disease. Dr. Krapper McCloughlin has done some work in Canada, and we have been doing some work recently too, with patients who suffer from dementia, using another chelating agent called Dephoroximine or Desphoral, which is primarily useful in removing iron and aluminum--and not calcium--from the body. Usually, dementia is a one-way street; people tend to get worse and worse. using this chelation process, some patients have at least had their dementia process stopped. Some patients have even improved a little using a combination program of supplements, a good diet, and the removal of some of these heavy metals with chelating agents."---Dr Michael Schachter
DENTAL DANGERS (Mercury amalgam, fluoride, root canals & nickel crowns) Root canals: Charlotte Gerson on root canals http://www.gerson.com/rootcan.htm
Hal Huggins,D.D.S video http://www.hugnet.com/
Root canal cover-up? http://www.netset.com/~docws/page13.html
Meinig & Lamarch interview http://220.127.116.11/157rootc.htm
Are Teeth The Root of Most Disease? http://www.best.com/~cnorman/blazing/dental.html
Bioprobe http://bioprobe.com/ Preventative Dental Health Association http://emporium.turnpike.net/P/PDHA/health.htm
Mercury: Reversing Alzheimers by Tom Warren http://www.midnightcafe.com/alzh/
Leading Edge http://www.trufax.org/menu/chem.html#mercury
Micromercurial maze http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/2888/
Biodentistry clinic http://www.biodentistry.com/
Cancer & mercury http://vest.gu.se/~bosse/xCancer.html#List
Amalgam links http://www.unpronounceable.com/amalgam/links.html
UK amalgam page http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pcsol/
150 years of Russian roulette http://home.online.no/reiersol/amalgam.htm
Mercury page http://vest.gu.se/~bosse/xMedStud.html
Mercury page http://www.holisticmed.com/dental/amalgam/
Cleaning up dental ware http://www.best.com/~cnorman/blazing/dentalware.html
Amalgam resources http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/2888/
Amalgam link http://wellweb.com/dental/amalgam.htm
Fluoride: Fluoride, teeth & atomic bomb http://www.inter-view.net/home/sherrell/bomb.htm
Dental fluorosis http://www.inter-view.net/~sherrell/id.htm
Fluoride stop http://www.bruha.com/fluoride/
Fluoride by David Kennedy, D.D.S http://emporium.turnpike.net/P/PDHA/fluoride/fluor.htm
Fluoridation fiasco by Gary Null http://www.garynull.com/documents/fluoridation.htm
Dental Health Risks
"Mercury from Amalgam fillings contributes 3 to 4 times more mercury to our bodies than all the environmental sources combined."
- ROOT CANALS POSE HEALTH THREAT
- Amalgam page, amalgam - mercury health risk
- Amalgam replacement protocol
- Materials that can be used instead of Amalgam, or nickel crowns
- Heart attack Dental Risk
- Mrcury Toxicity & ALZHEIMERS Disease, dementia
- Cancer: Dental health risk
- Fluoride, benefit or harm, fluoride toxicity
- American Dental Association's (ADA) Statement of Confidence in Dental Amalgam
- Trigeminal Neuralgia and Atypical Facial Neuralgia
Dental health Forums:
- Amalgam Removal Support Forum - Metal Dentistry Forum
- Amalgam Debate Forum - Money or Science?
- Dental Health Forum
- Cavitations Forum - Cavitations Surgery Forum
- Root Canal Cleanup Forum
Dental Care & Amalgam
Other Recommended books:
- The Mercury In Your Mouth---Quicksilver Associates, 10 East 87 Street, New York, NY 10128. Tel: 212 423 3074 Fax - 289 3046
- The End of Cancer by Charlotte Dubois & John Lubecki, D.C.
- Root Canal Cover Up by George Meinig
- Toxic Metal Syndrome by Casdorph & Walker
- Dental Mercury Detox by Ziff
Dentists have the highest suicide and divorce rates among professional. Female dental personnel have a higher spontaneous abortion rate, a raised incidence of premature labour, and an elevated perinatal mortality.
Research has demonstrated that 100% of all root canals result in residual infection due to the imperfect seal that allows bacteria to penetrate. The toxins given off by these bacteria are more toxic than mercury. These toxins can cause systemic diseases of the heart, kidney, uterus, and nervous and endocrine systems.
"Electrogalvanism is frequently the cause of lack of concentration and memory, insomnia, psychological problems, tinnitus, vertigo, epilepsy. To name a few."---Edward Arana, D.D.S.