Day 20 and Finished
Accomplished and Achieved
Date: 6/3/2007 7:25:04 AM ( 15 y ) ... viewed 3225 times
Good Morning Friends!
I have officially ended my fast. I stopped 10 days before my ultimate goal but have achieved what I was looking for. Here are some of the things I feel that have been accomplished:
1. Weight loss. A total of 18 pounds in 20 days. Start Weight: 203. End Weight: 185.I was looking for the numbers to really drop quicker and became disappointed that when I ate nothing these last days I virtually stayed the same weight all week, minus 1 pound. So, that being said, I will not use my next fast as a weight loss tool. The focus will be different.
2. Self-Control. I have learned well that I CAN. I CAN skip the evening meal. I CAN juice my lunch. I CAN say no to dairy and sugary treats. I CAN be in charge of what goes on my plate and in my mouth. I CAN choose to live a vegan lifestyle from here on out. For every pound of fat lost I gained 10 pounds of self respect and control. Oh yes, I loved gaining that power.
3. New Outlook. I look alot better. I've lost that overall pudgy look. My size 14's are getting baggy again. My skin is clear and clean. I completely cured a reoccuring infection on my skin linked to yeast. My energy level in the morning is like when I was a young girl. My thoughts are deeper and have a spiritual slant to them that I was missing before. I see this whole fast as the beginning of a new life full of opportunity and new experiences. I've been reborn in a sense.
4. Fasting Rocks! I will now incorporate at least 1-2 long fasts into my yearly plans. I will also do short fasts monthly for maintanance. I will have weekly juice fasts for a 1 or so days until my weight is correct. Fasting is an key component in a healthy lifestyle, this I now know.
5. The CureZone is Great. I've learned that there are people out there struggling like me. That they care. That they are kind people. Thank you everyone for your support and help. It has meant alot to me.
I will blog my next short fast and maybe even a post 1 week update for fun. Happiness and Courage to those of you that continue the journey. Love to All...
Add This Entry To Your CureZone Favorites!Print this page
Email this page