Recipe : Milk - rice milk, nut milk
Good healthy home made solution for the absence of milk in our candida diet.
Date: 5/29/2005 9:31:12 AM ( 16 y ) ... viewed 8409 times
Poor digestion makes it difficult to assimilate what we ingest, these milk will not only supplement for the lack of cow milk but also help you get a good intake of proteins, while insuring you are actually assimilating them.
Of course you can purchase rice milk ,like the Rice Dream brand, but although these list rice and water as the only ingredients, they actually add rice syrup to the mixture for better taste. In case of severe candida, you will react to the syrup (sucrose) and think that you are intolerant to rice, which is not true.
Making horchata (rice milk) is pretty simple.
First I give the gastronomic recipe and below the rapid one ( I usually go for the rapid method).
1) Soak raw (uncooked) rice in water. I use organic brown rice but any rice will do.
Use 2 cups of water to every cup of rice.
If you want to put almonds or cachews in the mix YUMMY so add 1 1/4 cup of nuts for every cup of rice right now and put a little more water.
Let it soak overnight. I like to leave in the fridge. If you need it quick you may leave it on your counter-top for 4 hours
2) Drain the rice. Put it in the blender with three cups of water. Add a cinnamon stick which has been broken into two or three pieces Yummy.
Blend until the rice has been finely ground.
3) You can do one of two things here:
a) filter the solids out using a cheesecloth
b) just let the rice settle in your blender
for 20 minutes and pour carefully into a
I usually do the latter. No big deal for me. But others
may mind gritty bits. They settle at the bottom of your
cup anyway, so I dont bother.
4) If the drink isn't to the consistency you like, thin it
with more water.
5) Add vanilla or lemon zest.
6) Chill ice cold and serve! Yummy.
Just rice, water, cinnamon, and *no* heat!
RICE MILK (need a blender)
1 cup dry white rice
1 litre (~ 4 cups) water
1 1/4 cup of almonds
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1. Mix rice, almonds and water, let soak room temperature for at least 4 hours or in the refrigerate over night (I put rice, almonds n' water right into the blender container!)
2. Blend rice and water in blender on high for about 1 minute
2. Strain out rice from water (SAVING WATER SOLUTION!)
3. Add vanilla, blend again
Because you do not strain it there will be some fiber, but they will soon sink to the bottom and you simply drink the top.
Some days, when you’re over with candida you might want to add frozen fruit and sugar to obtain a nice milk shake.
At times I would not use any rice, and just make nut milk!
Any type of nut will do (but remember peanut is NOT a nut).
Add This Entry To Your CureZone Favorites!Print this page
Email this page
Status: RN Recommended for CureZone Newsletter
Attributes associated with this message:
RN Recommended for CureZone Newsletter