What do you need to know about dermal fillers?
Treatments with fillers are a new hit of the beauty cosmetic industry. Due to their growing popularity, more and more people are deciding to try this method for skin rejuvenation without even knowing the basics about this type of treatment.
Date: 5/27/2021 12:32:34 PM ( 7 mon ) ... viewed 231 times
Treatments with fillers are a new hit of the beauty cosmetic industry. Due to their growing popularity, more and more people are deciding to try this method for skin rejuvenation without even knowing the basics about this type of treatment. That is why we are here today - to learn more about dermal fillers and facts about them everyone should be aware of. Enjoy!
What is dermal filler?
Dermal filler is a substance used to restore lost volume in the facial zone, as well as eliminating signs of aging. It can be used on certain body areas too. Its formula is very helpful for those with a lack of natural collagen production, which is the main reason of fine lines and wrinkles formation after the age of 25.
Dermal fillers are not similar to Botox, which is technically a neurotoxin, they have absolutely different working principles and results afterward, even though they are typically used to treat imperfections in the same target areas.
A unique formula causes minimal risk and side effects and guarantees a natural-looking appearance after the first injection (of course, a treatment course is required to achieve the maximum result).
5 facts you need to know about fillers
If you do not know much about dermal fillers but really want to try these injectables, don't worry! We'll tell you everything you need to know about this cosmetic procedure.
- There is more than one type of dermal fillers. Actually, there are four of them with different active substances in the base: hyaluronic acid-based fillers, calcium hydroxylapatite, poly l lactic acid, and polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA);
- The results after these injections are not permanent but long-lasting. Most fillers are active from six months and up to a year, some can last for 18 months. The doctor should tell you more during the consultation;
- The procedure is quick and doesn't demand a long time for recovery. It's not like the appointment with a surgeon that required time for stitches to heal fully. After the dermal filler injectable, you can go back to your normal life almost immediately;
- Fillers can not only smooth lines on the skin. It can also plump lips naturally, improve facial contour, and restore volume in the face and the hands back;
- Injected fillers, like Restylane and Juvederm, can stimulate collagen production in the body. That provides not only appearance glow up but overall health improvement as well.
Why hyaluronic acid fillers are so popular?
This skin treatment method became one of the most popular procedures because fillers can help rejuvenate almost every area of the face (and some body parts too). The medical practitioner can help patients treat the following areas from the FDA-approved list: crow's feet, marionette lines, nasolabial folds, frown lines, mimic wrinkles around the eyes, lips, and cheek enhancement, etc.
Besides, fillers have minimal side effects, such as swelling, slight bruising, itching, allergic reactions, etc. Nothing you wouldn't be able to handle by yourself.
Generally, dermal fillers are wildly known even among those who are not really into aesthetic medicine. If you've decided to try this type of treatment - make sure you work with a well-skilled nurse injector or a board-certified plastic surgeon. Your safety is the most important thing!
Add This Entry To Your CureZone Favorites!Print this page
Email this page