The Nature of the Pharmaceutical Industry
The natural purpose and driving force of the pharmaceutical industry is to increase sales of pharmaceutical drugs for ongoing diseases and to find new diseases to market existing drugs.
By this very nature, the pharmaceutical industry has no interest in curing diseases. The eradication of any disease inevitably destroys a multi-billion dollar market of prescription drugs as a source of revenues. Therefore, pharmaceutical drugs are primarily developed to relieve symptoms, but not to cure.
If eradication therapies for diseases are discovered and developed, the pharmaceutical industry has an inherent interest to suppress, discredit and obstruct these medical breakthroughs in order to make sure that diseases continue as the very basis for a lucrative prescription drug market.
The economic interest of the pharmaceutical industry itself is the main reason why no medical breakthrough has been made for the control of the most common diseases such as cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, heart failure, diabetes, cancer, and osteoporosis, and why these diseases continue like epidemics on a worldwide scale.
For the same economic reasons, the pharmaceutical industry has now formed an international cartel by the code name "Codex Alimentarius" with the aim to outlaw any health information in connection with vitamins and to limit free access to natural therapies on a worldwide scale.
At the same time, the pharmaceutical companies withhold public information about the effects and risks of prescription drugs and life-threatening side effects are omitted or openly denied.
In order to assure the status quo of this deceptive scheme, a legion of pharmaceutical lobbyists is employed to influence legislation, control regulatory agencies (e.g. FDA), and manipulate medical research and education. Expensive advertising campaigns and PR agencies are used to deceiving the public.
Millions of people and patients around the world are defrauded twice: A major portion of their income is used up to finance the exploding profits of the pharmaceutical industry. In return, they are offered a medicine that does not even cure.
More Deaths Than in All Wars of Mankind Combined
As a direct consequence of the pharmaceutical business, more people have died from preventable disease than in all wars of mankind combined. The following page summarizes the steps leading to this tragedy.
The fact that vitamin C stabilizes the walls of arteries, for example, has been known for 200 years, ever since James Lind uncovered vitamin C deficiency as the cause of blood loss and scurvy. Any head of a pharmaceutical company, any Ph.D. or M.D. who denies knowing this fact is simply incredulous. Why, then, was this information not applied to medicine in order to combat cardiovascular disease? Why was the official RDA for vitamin C set at 60 mg, an amount barely sufficient to prevent scurvy but certainly low enough to make sure that cardiovascular diseases will become an epidemic? The following page gives the answer.
Throughout this century, the pharmaceutical companies knew that an optimum vitamin supply of the population would lead to the collapse of a multi-billion dollar market of prescription drugs. Moreover, vitamins are not patentable and the profit margins are low. On the basis of this analysis the survival of the pharmaceutical industry became dependent on two strategies:
To obstruct research, information, and use of vitamins and other natural
therapies by all means available.
To promote the deception that patentable synthetic drugs are the answer
to human diseases.
The Pharmaceutical Industry Is As Indispensable for a Country
as Cancer Is for the Body
How is it that millions of people are still willing to pay billions of dollars to the pharma-cartel for medicine that does not cure and frequently harms?
The answer to this question is that over the past century the pharma-cartel and their army of lobbyists have built an intricate maze of control, infiltration, economic incentives, bribes, manipulation, and deception. The most important elements of this maze are summarized on the following page. Millions of people and patients were systematically deceived by this maze of
• Manipulation of research so that synthetic drugs rather than natural
therapies appear as "medicine,"
• Prescription of this "medicine" by doctors who have had no education in
nutritional medicine and who receive financial benefits for prescribing
pharmaceuticals but not natural therapies,
• Deception by multi-million dollar advertising campaigns for
pharmaceutical drugs that deliberately deceive the public about the effects
and risks of drugs and about the unethical nature of the pharma-business,
• Regulation brought about by regulatory agencies and legislation under
the pressure of a pharma-lobby, disallowing established health claims for
vitamins and other natural remedies.
In the future no nation can afford to burden its economy with a pharmaceutical industry that grows like a cancer at the expense of the people, of corporations and of the public sector, all of which suffocate from exploding health care costs for a medicine that does not cure.
A New Era of Human Health Begins
500 years ago, the Roman church was making billions of Thaler (early dollars) by selling indulgences, an imaginary "key to heaven"for its believers. Then the fraud scheme collapsed and with it much of the power of the church. Today, the pharma business uses the same fraud scheme. It tries to sell the "key to health" to millions of people and takes away billions of dollars in return for an illusion: the deception that the pharmaceutical industry is interested in your health.
Considering this unhealthy state of affairs, the urgency for a new health care is obvious. The liberation from this insane yoke of the pharmaceutical industry will immediately and directly benefit millions of people, the business community and the public sector of all nations. This new health care system is based on an improved knowledge and participation by millions of people. Basic health has become understandable, doable and affordable for everyone. The era in human history when health was delegated to an industry that shamelessly took advantage of it is over and gone.
The new health care system focuses on primary health care, prevention and eradication of diseases. Health consultants and health centers will replace many medical high-tech centers of today. Every health food store is the beginning for a community health center.
The new health care system is being built by dedicated lay people together with a growing number of doctors and health professionals. The majority of health professionals are realizing that they themselves had been compromised by pharmaceutical companies and had become victims of a drug-centered health care.
Principles of a New Health Care System
1. Health is understandable for everyone. The basic causes of human health and disease are understandable for everyone. The fact that millions of body cells regularly need vitamins and other bioenergy supply can be understood by every child.
2. Health is doable for everyone. Cellular Medicine and the daily supply of vitamins and other bioenergy carriers allow everyone to maintain and to restore basic physical health.
3. Health is safe for everyone. Nature itself provides us with vitamins and other powerful preventive and therapeutic substances to combat human diseases. They are safe for everyone and without side effects.
4. Health is affordable for everyone. Effective health measures to prevent the most common human diseases can be offered in any country of the world at a fraction of today's cost. Imple-mentation of Cellular Medicine as a health measure immediately liberates trillions of dollars in private and public funds.
5. Health is a human right. Having access to optimum health is a basic human right. No pharmaceutical company and no government has the right to limit the spread of information about the health benefits of vitamins and other natural therapies. Every country in the world should amend its constitution to guarantee access to optimum health to its citizens.
6. Effective health care focuses on prevention. Future medical research and health care will focus on the prevention and eradication of diseases rather than on therapies that merely relieve the symptoms of diseases.
7. Effective health care focuses on primary health care. Community based primary health care is the key to an effective and affordable health care in any country of the world. Health consultants and health centers in every community will replace an ineffective and expensive focus on high-tech medicine.
8. Medical research has to be under public control. Public funds for medical research should primarily be used to develop treatments that prevent and eradicate diseases, rather than on merely relieving symptoms and creating dependencies.
The Nature of the Pharmaceutical Industry