CureZone
Old Format -> CureZone.INFO
Re: Tinnitus
  • Rings around eyes   Wellboy   8y  3,678
    • It is possible for anyone to say anything (that is a ’given’), but why would God...   wombat   8y  3,426
    • I have one condition that has gotten worse with all of my protocols. My tinnitu...   molly bloom   8y  3,345
      • Oh dear. That’s a nuisance. ... ... According to my copy of Messages from the B...   Wellboy   8y  3,588
      • Re: Tinnitus   imalurnin   8y  4,598  
        This is my avatar. Click here to see my profile.
        imalurnin
        Date: 1/22/2007 1:04:08 PM   ( 8y ago )   Hits:   4598
        Molly,

Have you viewed this cz post from 2004?

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=373973#i

Have you viewed this website? It offers 3 or 4 solutions depending on the type of tinnitus.

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/21/203.cfm

Tinnitus

Buzzing, swishing, hissing, whirring, chirping, ringing. If you’re hearing those noises inside your ears, you have tinnitus. It won’t cause deafness, but it can impair hearing. It’s usually caused by a head injury, an infection, a disease or exposure to loud sounds such as gunshots and explosions. The natural remedies in this chapter—in conjunction with medical care and used with the approval of your doctor—may help relievetinnitus, according to some health professionals.

Food Therapy

“There’s a major food connection here,” says Paul Yanick, Ph.D., a research scientist in Milford, Pennsylvania. “Basically, a lack ofmagnesium might cause some people to suffer tinnitus.” He recommends eating plenty of magnesium-rich foods, which may provide relief from tinnitus and help prevent new episodes. (For food sources of magnesium, see “Getting What You Need” on page 142.)

Herbal Therapy

If your doctor says that your tinnitus is the result of circulation problems, try ginkgo, which increases blood flow to the brain, says Varro E. Tyler, Ph.D., professor of pharmacognosy at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana. Ginkgo capsules are sold in most health food stores. Check the label for dosage instructions—and to be sure that you’re getting enoughginkgo to be effective, says Dr. Tyler. He recommends a dose of 120 milligrams daily of a concentrated, standardized ginkgo extract known as GBE (Ginkgo biloba extract). Ginkgo works slowly, and it may take weeks or months before you notice improvement, he adds.

Homeopathy

In his book The Family Guide to Homeopathy, Andrew Lockie, M.D., suggests that taking one of the following 6C remedies three times daily for up to two weeks may help controltinnitus.

If you have a roaring sound in your ears accompanied by giddiness and deafness, try Salicylic acidum, says Dr. Lockie. If you have roaring with a tingling sensation and your ears feel clogged up, he recommends Carbonium sulphuratum. Kali iodatum is a good remedy for long-standing ringing in the ears with no other symptoms, he says.

All of these remedies are available in many health food stores. To purchase the remedies by mail, refer to the resource list on page 637.

Reflexology

You may get some relief from tinnitus by working the ear, cervical spine and neck reflex points on your hands or feet, says St. Petersburg, Florida, reflexologist Dwight Byers, author of Better Health with Foot Reflexology. Byers also suggests working the points on the sides and bottoms of both big toes thoroughly, using whichever technique you find most comfortable.

To help you locate these points, consult the hand and foot reflex charts beginning on page 582. For instructions on how to work the points, see “Your Reflexology Session” on page 110.

Relaxation and Meditation

Relaxation and meditation techniques can help some people temporarily relieve tinnitus and are particularly effective if used as part of a comprehensive treatment program that includes medication, broad-band noise generators (commonly known as white noise machines), hearing aids and other therapies, says Pawel Jastreboff, Ph.D., professor of surgery and physiology at the University of Maryland School of Medicine and director of the University of MarylandTinnitus and Hyperacusis Center, both in Baltimore. Dr. Jastreboff says stress makes it harder for a person who has tinnitus to ignore the annoying ringing in his ears. Relaxation counteracts that.

Pick one of the relaxation techniques described beginning on page 113 and practice it for at least 30 minutes a day for at least a week. Relaxation may not be helpful for everybody, so if at the end of the week the technique isn’t working or yourtinnitus seems worse, try another relaxation method or see your doctor, Dr. Jastreboff says.

See also Hearing Problems

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
        Alert Moderators
        Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
  • How can I view entire discussion thread on a single page?

How can I expand all forum messages on a single forum page?

Donate to CureZone

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2015  www.curezone.org

0.195 sec, (2)

High Blood Pressure?
    3 easy exercises drop blood pressure below 120/80 as soon as toda...

You Might Be Poisoned By Water
    Chemicals are within our water supply, learn how to rem...

My Liver Is Healthy
    According to this Free Liver & Gallbladder Health Test.

Free Book by Dr. Clark!
    Bestselling author Dr. Hulda Clark claims to have cured cancer...

Free Hulda Clark ebooks
    Hulda Clark Cleanses

Liver Cleanse
    Eliminate any foreign substances that may be trapped in your liver.

Destroy Parasites Quickly
    Learn How to Destroy Parasites And Be Free of Your Unbearabl...

Cancer’s Natural Enemy
    Opc Oleander, 15% Discount With Curezone Discount Code Of Lr001

Proven medical anti-diabetic benefits
    Electrolyzed drinking water significantly reduce...

Magnetic Pulsers In Bulk
    Introducing the most advanced magnetic pulser on the market t...

What Causes Anger?
    Anger is all about control and/or not being in control. It is the o...

Natural Cancer Remedies

Detoxify and Cleanse Naturally
    Drink ionized alkaline waters medically proven health b...

Oasis Advanced Wellness
    Premium natural health supplements including intraMAX superior...

Probiotics, prebiotics, and enzymes
    in one product ProbiCell™

The Tesla Shield™
    Transformational Technology For Mind Body And Soul.

Zeoco Detox Support
    Zeolites for absorbing toxins as part of candida cleanse

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
    J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Constipation Cure
    Solve the root cause of constipation. Full herbal program.

Your Ad Here