As promised in an earlier post, here are my lab results comparing tests taken at the start of a 14 day water fast, compared to one week into the fast. Before I go any further I should say that I am not a doctor, and nothing in this post should be construed as any kind of medical advice whatsoever.
The results were pretty much as expected. Mid-fast results for Uric acid was high enough that the lab sent my blood to a second lab for verification. Dr. Furhman's book says that levels as high as 18 are sometimes seen, and this is to be expected. Cholesterol rose, which is also to be expected, since plaque from the blood vessel walls, and other less-essential fats, are mobilized into the blood stream for energy.
Also below is the daily log I kept during the fast, which included urine PH, salinity, ketones, blood pressure, and weight.
Here are my own observations 4 days after ending the fast. Since then I have been eating only fruits, vegetables, and a few nuts:
SUMMARY AND BENEFITS:
1. Lifelong eczema on elbows has almost disappeared. Previously I had tried everything from Vitamin E to pumice stones to correct this, with no long-term success. Now it's much better than I ever remember it being.
2. Skin is much smoother and has better color.
3. Blood pressure dropped into a very healthy range, and continues to remain in the same low area (currently 111/72) after resumption of eating.
4. Weight dropped 25 lbs by the end of the fast and has now stabilized at 232.2 after resumption of eating. I believe I'll be able to maintain this weight, or continue reducing at a slower rate, as long as I stay on my current (new) diet habits.
5. A walnut-sized fatty tumor (lipoma) on my stomach has shrunk to about the size of a small marble. Prior to the fast, it stuck out from my stomach and was very pronounced. Now it's difficult to find it.
6. Cholesterol should drop over the next 3 months to a healthier level than pre-fast, according to Dr. Furhman's book. I plan on getting another series of blood tests in a few months to verify this.
7. Urine PH is already higher than pre-fast levels, and it appears to be moving up still. Currently it's at 6.1 .
8. I have much more energy. I've been getting things done around the house that have been on my 'to-do' list for years.
Laboratory testing was performed by:
Name: *NAME OMITTED*