Take a step back and review the circumstances! I don't think it's you that needs therapy.
1. He's not open to travelling with you for enjoyment.
2. He didn't invite you when he got the opportunity for travel although he must know you'd love to join him.
3. He's told you that he once had sex with a stranger while travelling.
4. He doesn't call to say hello, tell you he got there in one piece, or say goodnight.
5. He didn't give any consideration to bringing you something from his trip.
Truthfully, I think many of those things, especially calling once in a while when he's gone, are common courtesy. And they should come natural i.e. he should WANT to, if this was a healthy relationship.
I can't tell you what to do but I can offer a suggestion, give this relationship some serious breathing room. Not just for him but for yourself. If you can step back from the situation a little and gain some perspective you might realize you want more from a man and it's hard to meet the right one when you're tied up with the wrong one. Just a suggestion.