CureZone
Old Format -> CureZone.INFO
Re: Rice and Meats = Low Gas Foods
  • Rice and Meats = Low Gas Foods   tc-12   11y  8,737
    • I really thought/think that meat causes flatulence! Doesn’t it?   SqueakyClean   11y  8,307
      • Good question. I took another look at my health guides... ... ... ”Fibrous (hig...   tc-12   11y  14,318  
        This is NOT my avatar. This is just randomly assigned image, until I upload my own avatar. Click here to see my profile.
        tc-12
        Date: 7/26/2004 4:31:00 PM   ( 11y ago )   Hits:   14318
        Good question. I took another look at my health guides...

"Fibrous (high fiber) foods like dried beans, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and bran can be culprits in producing gas when undigested bits of carbohydrates reach the large intestine and are fermented by gas-producing bacteria." (PacifiCare health plan newsletter) Meats have little dietary fiber.

"The problem with foods such as beans and other legumes, and cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower and cabbage, is that these foods contain hard-to-digest sugars. When these sugars reach your intestines, they can produce gas, dirarrhea and other unpleasant symptoms." (Prevention health magazine) Meats contain few such sugars, although processed meats (lunch meats, hot dogs, sausage, etc.,) may have various ingredients added.

But one anecdotal tidbit involves sulfur. Since hydrogen sulfide is a primary component of flatulence, one might wonder which foods contain high sulfur. You've gotta start with a sulfur compound of some sort to wind up with hydrogen sulfide -- the sulfur has to come from somewhere. From a Dr. Earl Mindell book I have, with numbers (mg sulfur per 100 g food) added from a British health guide, the "best natural sources" of sulfur include "beef 200-330 mg, dried beans 170 mg, fish 200-300 mg, eggs 180 mg, and cabbage ? mg." So this is interesting in that beef (and all meats in general) have relatively high sulfur, as do beans and cabbage.

So, yes, this sulfur component might suggest a connection between meats and gas, although the connection wouldn't be nearly as strong as with legumes or cruciferous vegetables since they ALSO have issues with high fibers and indigestible sugars.

Note that fibers in the diet, while very important to gut health, ironically can CAUSE gas, at least when added abruptly, as opposed to gradually. But sufficient fiber is CRITICAL to promoting beneficial bacteria in the gut, with low-fiber diets sometimes resulting in candida, parasites, or other WORSE gas situtations. Ensuring a high population of beneficial bifido bacteria in the colon can limit gas production since an overpopulaton of the bad bacterias tends to output additional (and often malodorous) gas. Fiber is most definitely your friend -- just add it slowly and try different types to find those which cause you the least gas.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
        Alert Moderators
        Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
    • Rice Comments Confirmed Here...   tc-12   11y  8,390
  • How can I view entire discussion thread on a single page?

How can I expand all forum messages on a single forum page?

Donate to CureZone

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2015  www.curezone.org

0.110 sec, (2)

Erectile Dysfunction?
    Combat ED without pills, from home. Guaranteed 100% Success

Poisonous Water?
    Discover the chemicals added in your water.

My favorite Iodine
    supplement comes down to one of these three products...

Free Book by Dr. Clark!
    Bestselling author Dr. Hulda Clark claims to have cured cancer

Herbal Tinctures and Supplements
    Hulda Clark Cleanses

Most Expensive B12 Vitamin
    Would you pay this much for a liquid b12 vitamin!?

What Causes Depression?
    You could “immunize” yourself against depression!

Natural Cancer Remedies

What is Kangen Water?
    Is Kangen water beneficial? Why is it so expensive?

Eliminate Parasites Now!
    How to Eliminate Parasites in 30 Days or Less

Oleander Pure Concentrate Capsules
    Leukemia and Cancer Immune System Support, 15% Off ...

20lbs lost drinking water
    Lose 20 lbs drinking millions of antioxidant detoxifying ion...

The Terminator Zapper
    Only $134! Free shipping!

Juice Fasting Made Easy
    Organic 9 day juice fasting kit. Heals the body, removes toxin...

Tbyil Supplement Catalog
    The Best Years in Life’s hand picked top quality natural heal...

Probiotics, prebiotics, and enzymes
    Eradicate Candida Albicans with ProbiCell™

Zeoco Detox Support
    Zeolites for absorbing toxins as part of candida cleanse

The Tesla Shield™
    The #1 Personal Energy Enhancement Device. Transformational Technolo...

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
    J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Your Ad Here