kidney stones can be cure by making some changes in the regular diet and day to day activities:
1. Drinking required water to maintain good urinary flow.
2. Diet should have adequate amount of calcium. Milk, yoghurt, lentils, oranges and other dairy products are rich in calcium
3. Eat right amount of protein- daily protein needs are usually met with 2-3 servings per day.
4. Reduce amount of sodium in diet to 2-3 gms. Limit processed foods like hot dogs, sausages, dry soup, pickles and various convenience mixes as they contain excessive amounts of salt
5. Avoid excessive vitamin C supplements as oxalate is produced from vitamin C and large amounts may increase amount of oxalate content of urine.
6. Avoid foods which are high in oxalates like spinach, almonds, peanuts, nut butters, blueberries.
7. Do not take Vitamin D supplements without prescription of a physician
8. Controlling blood sugar, blood pressure, body weight by regular exercise are all helpful to reduce stone formation.
10.Consultant Nephrologist and Chief of Renal Transplant, at Narayana health, best Hospital in Kolkata.