CureZone
Old Format -> CureZone.INFO
Side effects to ashwagandha.
  • Side effects to ashwagandha.   risen87   31mo  5,136  C  
    This is NOT my avatar. This is just randomly assigned image, until I upload my own avatar. Click here to see my profile.
    risen87
    Date: 10/18/2012 9:44:24 PM   ( 31mo ago )   Hits:   5136

Hi, I was just wondering what opinons people would have on my situation. About a month and a half ago I suspected I developed adrenal fatigue because I was getting new symptoms in addition to my candida and started supplementing to help with it. I tried ashwagandha which worked great for 2 weeks, then added some other stuff in (licorice root, acetyl-l-cartenine, extra b-5 and c). That week, I started getting severe headaches, dissociation from the world around me, crazy thoughts, feelings of death and panic, and feeling extremely close to passing out. I went to the ER and got tests from the previous day and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. My tsh was at 17 that day and 11 the next. I got on levothyroxine right away and stopped all the adrenal supplements to stop interference with testing, and to stop whatever was causing me to feel so messed up.That week I felt manic and frayed within 5 days so I was dropped from 50mcg to 25mcg. Slowly I started to feel better, and I was finally starting to detox the candida in my system again (I was on the toilet for 3 days passing colonies). After that, I got signs of being pushed into hyperthyroidism again, more candida symptoms came back and I saw my new naturopath around the same time. She put me on st johns wort, glutathione, more b vitamins, and got me back on ashwagandha. Since then I've been a lot more able to deal with stress, more social, had a lot more energy, but the symptoms I had when on adrenal supplements are coming back when I take ashwagandha. I talked to my ND but she told me to push through and that it needs to work together with the levothyroxine to level things out. I cut down to half a pill the last 2 days and it's still bad. I called today and didn't get a call back, so I'm just not taking it anymore. The only thing I'm worried about is that it may be keeping my tsh level in check, because I haven't had signs of my thyroid being off too far either way while I've been on it. Something else worth noting is that I get signs of my candida thriving and dying while on it. I don't want to get off it and my tsh goes too low and my adrenals aren't properly supported, but I don't want to stay on it and feel this way. One good thing is that I have a lot of testing coming up. My western doc is doing cbc, iron and tibc, ferritin, b12, rbc, reticulocyte, immunoglobulin a, t-transglutaminase, thyroid peroxidase, am and pm cortisol, t4, tsh, esr, and my ND is testing for t3, cbc, lipid panel, and d3. If anybody has experienced anything like I have with the ashwagandha, or knows what I should do from here given the info I've provided, please let me know. I'm doing a little better and am making some progress, but theres still a lot of unanswered questions and a lot more healing to do.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
    Alert Moderators
    Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
  • How can I view entire discussion thread on a single page?

How can I expand all forum messages on a single forum page?

Donate to CureZone

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2015  www.curezone.org

0.082 sec, (2)

High Blood Pressure?

How 3 easy exercises drop blood pressure below 120/80 as soon a...

Best Laundry System
    Discover the one and only reusable laundry system.

4 Day Liver Detox
    I found relief from toxic liver problems in just 4 short days! Check...

Purest Body Products
    Sanctum Pure Body Products are so pure you could eat them (no gua...

Clarkia Parasites Tincture
    Hulda Clark Parasites Tinctures

High-Voltage Colloidal Silver
    I finally found a colloidal silver made with high voltag...

Eliminate Parasites Now!
    How to Eliminate Parasites in 30 Days or Less

Cancer’s Natural Enemy
    Rose Laurel OPC Plus, 15% discount with Cure Zone Discount Code...

Detoxifying drinking water!
    Internal cleanse with millions of antioxidant ions in ever...

What Are Probiotics?
    Can They Help You? Learn All About Them

What Causes Depression?
    You could “immunize” yourself against depression!

Natural Cancer Remedies

What is Kangen Water?
    Is Kangen water beneficial? Why is it so expensive?

Tbyil Supplement Catalog
    The Best Years in Life’s hand picked top quality natural heal...

Probiotics, prebiotics, and enzymes
    Eradicate Candida Albicans with ProbiCell™

The Tesla Shield™
    The #1 Personal Energy Enhancement Device. Transformational Technolo...

Ccws™
    Clinically proven effective against Candida, Yeast Infections & thrush

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
    Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

Organic Colon Cleanse
    Get the waste out, feel free and light.

Your Ad Here