If you have some chlorine dioxide test strips you would find that when you add apple cider to the mixture the chlorine dioxide reacts with it and the concentration of chlorine dioxide in the solution is reduced.
Of course you can keep increasing the concentration of chlorine dioxide to overcome this.
The solution has a taste in proportion to the concentration of the chemical in it. If you reduce the taste, you are also reducing the concentration of the chemical.
I think you would find the CDS solution more effective if you held it in your mouth and swished it around. This would give you direct access to your infection. I believe the blood flow is fast and only a few seconds would be needed to move from one area of the body to another.