We began to wonder exactly what data Samsung collects from its new “eyes and ears” and how it and other companies intend use it, which raises the following questions:
* Can Samsung or Samsung-authorized companies watch you watching your Samsung TV?
* Do the televisions send a user ID or the TV’s serial number to the Samsung cloud whenever it has an Internet connection?
* Does Samsung cross reference a user ID or facial scan to your warranty registration information, such as name, address etc.?
* Can a person or company listen to you, at will, via the microphone and Internet connection?
* Does Samsung’s cloud store all this information? How secure is this extremely personal data?
* Can a hacker intercept this data or view you via the built in camera?
* Can a third-party app program do any of the above?
* Exactly what information does the TV send to Samsung or other parties?
* Does Samsung intend to sell data collected by its Smart TV owners, such as who, what and when one is viewing?
Donate to CureZone
Terms of Service
- Spam Policy
- Guidelines & Rules
CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com
0.152 sec, (2)