CureZone
Old Format -> CureZone.INFO
Week 5 of Fuhrman diet. A bit disappointed...
  • Week 5 of Fuhrman diet. A bit disappointed...   vorius   3y  9,258  C  
    This is NOT my avatar. This is just randomly assigned image, until I upload my own avatar. Click here to see my profile.
    vorius
    Date: 2/20/2012 2:25:36 PM   ( 3y ago )   Hits:   9260
    I'm on week 5 of my 6-week trial of the Fuhrman diet and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the results.

In the book he describes an average weight loss of 20 lbs, and so far I only lost about 8. And I dont see any change in my belly fat.

Some background: I'm a 31 year old male at a height of 6'3" and a starting weight of 212 lbs. I am now hovering around 204 after 5 weeks of following Fuhrman's nutritarian diet.

Initially it was going great, losing 2 or more lbs per week culminating in an exciting 203 lb check back on Feb. 8th. But then it's like the wheels came off and I have been struggling between 203 and 205 since then. The only thing I did was drink a little more water a day, because I have been having constipation. A bit odd to have constipation on such a high fiber diet but after increasing water intake it seemed to resolve that.

I follow his 6-week plan almost perfectly - at least 1 lb of fresh veggies a day, 1 lb of steamed, a cup of mixed beans and an ounce of nuts. Everything I buy is organic, the nuts are raw, the only condiments I add to my meals are sometimes lemon juice, sometimes apple cider vinegar, sometimes balsamic vinegar. I also try to add alot of fresh garlic to my cooked veggies. Also I like to sprinkle ground flax seeds and hulled hemp seed on my salads.

I also eat no grains at all because I wanted maximum weight loss effect. No rice, no bread, no cereal - nothing.

I used to eat a very Mediterranean diet normally, with tons of olive oil. It was extremely difficult to get used to eating all these veggies without olive oil but I did it.

And those first 3 weeks were really great and I was so pumped up about it but now I'm so disappointed and depressed that it just seemed to stop. I think to myself if I am not losing any more weight now what the heck is going to happen if I start incorporating more 'normal' foods back in my diet?

The main goal I have is to get rid of my belly. I have a skinny frame but in the past several years I have developed this odd looking distended belly and I want to finally get rid of it.

So can someone offer me some advise or just give me some encouragement or something? I feel so depressed right now like this was my last hope and it's not going to pan out.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
    Alert Moderators
    Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
  • How can I view entire discussion thread on a single page?

How can I expand all forum messages on a single forum page?

Donate to CureZone

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2015  www.curezone.org

0.250 sec, (2)

Treat Your Candida Right
    Learn how Candida is capable of damaging your body.

Reverse Type 2 Diabetes
    In 3 simple steps, she nails what no one wants to reveal how t...

My Liver Is Healthy
    According to this Free Liver & Gallbladder Health Test.

Black Walnut Tincture
    Hulda Clark Cleanse Kits

Free Clark DVD!
    Order this free DVD that includes a testimonial by former State Repres...

Most Expensive B12 Vitamin
    Would you pay this much for a liquid b12 vitamin!?

What is Kangen Water?
    Is Kangen water beneficial? Why is it so expensive?

Natural Cancer Remedies

My cancer is gone!
    After a single session!

Cure Arthritis Joint Pain
    Imagine life without joint pain

Cancer’s Natural Enemy
    Rose Laurel OPC Plus, 15% discount with Cure Zone Discount Code...

All-In-One Parasite Cleanse!
    The simplest and strongest parasite cleanse out there!

Eliminate Parasites Now!
    How to Eliminate Parasites in 30 Days or Less

Ccws™ Candida Cell Wall Suppressor
    Find out why we are the worlds no 1 Treatment for Y...

ProbiCell™
    Cure Leaky Gut with Probiotics, Prebiotics & Enzymes

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
    J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

$5 off at Iherb.com
    Use referral code X0T949 to get $5 off your first order from iherb...

Your Ad Here