Thank you very much for your lengthy reply - lots of great suggestions in there!
There are a number of things that I'd like to comment on, so will just split them into bullet points to save time.
- Below is the Zinc supplement I have been taking - I'm afraid I don't know if it's zinc citrate.
- The only fish I eat is salmon, for the reasons you mention. It's relatively low down the food chain (compared to tuna and swordfish), so is relatively safe, surely? Perhaps not.
- I don't know if it's necessarily true the candida is common in Japan due to a tradition of fermented foods such as miso, natto, shoyu, tsukemono etc. I believe these 'living' foods are helpful for digestion and maintaining a healthy gut flora. If candida is on the rise in Japan, it is more likely due to the rising popularity of Western (typically American) diets, with lots of processed grains and refined sugar.
- Thank you for the link to Edgar Cayce
- I am reading about the technique now.
- I had not heard of Atomidine either, thanks.
- The earthquake and tsunami were absolutely devastating, with thousands of people still unaccounted for. The Fukushima nuclear power crisis was and still is also very concerning. However, short of leaving the country, I don't believe there is a great deal more that those living in this country (both Japanese and non-Japanese) can do. This is my home, I'm staying here, and will therefore continue to eat the local produce sold in supermarkets.
Thank you once again for your great post!