CureZone
Old Format -> CureZone.INFO
fasting and medical supervision in CA
  • fasting and medical supervision in CA   tcon   4y  1,490  
    This is NOT my avatar. This is just randomly assigned image, until I upload my own avatar. Click here to see my profile.
    tcon
    Date: 6/7/2011 6:29:33 AM   ( 4y ago )   Hits:   1490
    Hey fellow fasters,

I live about an hour away from True North Health Center and was considering going there for a supervised water fast. I also contacted Dr. Scott in Ohio and spoke to him on the phone last week about my condition. I just completed a 10 day water fast several weeks ago and finished a 14 day about a year ago, both of which seemed to alleviate my leaky gut temporarily, but I am hoping to fast to completion the next time around. I told Dr. Scott about my food allergies and constant bloating from my leaky gut and he said it would probably take at least 3-4 weeks on water only and then a refeeding period to begin to get significant results. He said because of my age (21) I had a better chance of healing quickly.

Ideally I would love to undergo a supervised fast, for peace of mind, and to get away from family and friends who think I'm a nut. True North mentions on their website that they want people who undergo supervision to remain on their premises at all times. I was thinking for cost reasons maybe I could just fast at home and go on a weekly basis to have blood and urine tests done to look out for any deficiencies or electrolyte imbalances. But I'm not sure if this is a service they offer or not. I tried contacting them earlier today but it went to voicemail so I left a detailed message.

They also mention on their website that contrary to popular belief, not all fasters are guaranteed to have a clear tongue and sweet smelling breath upon completing their fasts, meaning that someones bodily reserves could become depleted before the full healing events or detoxification has taken place....

"In the past, the concept of fasting “to completion” was often promoted. This meant fasting until the tongue cleared and hunger returned. But experience has shown that these factors are unreliable indicators. Some people would not develop a clear tongue even if they fasted far beyond their bodily reserves. The mere absence of hunger does not ensure that adequate reserves remain."

http://www.healthpromoting.com/Articles/articles/therap.htm

This is sort of different than what i've mostly seen on curezone, where people say that you should listen to your body and feel hunger in your throat and see clear white eyes and a clear tongue. I would love to try a 4 week water fast on my own and a good period of refeeding but I guess their website has made me a little hesitant.

Does anyone know of other health practitioners in the California Bay Area that would be willing to supervise a water fast? I think at this point I only want someone to check in with me on a weekly basis that I could drive too, but not necessarily a retreat or center that I would have to stay at for 30+ days

Thanks in advance and good luck to all you out there!
    ~tcon

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
    Alert Moderators
    Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
  • How can I view entire discussion thread on a single page?

How can I expand all forum messages on a single forum page?

Donate to CureZone

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2015  www.curezone.org

0.875 sec, (2)

Reverse Type 2 Diabetes
    In 3 simple steps, she nails what no one wants to reveal how t...

Natural Cleaning Agent
    Wash your clothes without any harmful chemicals today.

My Liver Is Healthy
    According to this Free Liver & Gallbladder Health Test.

Clark Kidney Cleanse
    Dr. Hulda Clark’s Kidney Cleanse with purest products! Great pric...

New lower prices!
    Hulda Clark Cleanses

High-Voltage Colloidal Silver
    I finally found a colloidal silver made with high voltag...

Utopia Silver Supplements
    Silver Bulletin e-News Magazine, ”What the Coming Food Colla...

Alkaline ionized drinking water!
    Cure common diseases while detoxifying your body!

I Feel Healthy Again!
    Learn How to Destroy Parasites And Be Free of Your Unbearable Sy...

The Basic Zapper
    Perfect for Beginners or Travelers! Only $35 With Free Shipping!

Natural Cancer Remedies

Detoxify and Cleanse Naturally
    Drink ionized alkaline waters medically proven health b...

What Causes Anger?
    Anger is all about control and/or not being in control. It is the o...

Best Leaky Gut Treatment?
    Probiotics with prebiotics and enzymes.

Zeoco Detox Support
    Zeolites for absorbing toxins as part of candida cleanse

Amazing Oleander-Based Skin Cream
    The best ever age defying skin cream for wrinkles an...

The Tesla Shield™
    The #1 Personal Energy Enhancement Device. Transformational Technolo...

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
    J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Your Ad Here