CureZone
Old Format -> CureZone.INFO
Re: Protandim and Parkinsons Disease
  • Protandim and Parkinsons Disease   Charly   5y  7,736
    •  Hv, Protandim - What can you tell me about this herbal product? Is there e...   Hveragerthi   5y  8,497
      • Re Parkinsons Disease   Charly   5y  6,949
      • Re: Protandim and Parkinsons Disease   Jill33   4y  11,331  
        This is my avatar. Click here to see my profile.
        Jill33
        Date: 5/20/2011 2:22:54 AM   ( 4y ago )   Hits:   11331

I have taken Protandim for CFS and other related issues since last June with great results. Since then I have studied it extensively and can shed some light on how this supplement works-it is not just another herbal blend. Interestingly, a lot of independent university studies are being done on it for a wide variety of disease conditions, some are finished. So it is definitely not a hyped up product.

Protandim is a blend of 5 herbs forming a synergy that triggers a molecular switch in cells called Nrf2, it doesn't take a lot of herbs to activate this protein messenger(Nrf2). This synergy is proven and unusual enough to be patented, something that is difficult to do with natural substances like herbs.

Nrf2 regulates 500 or more of the body’s most important genes (often referred to as survival genes); up-regulating protective genes while simultaneously down-regulating metabolic processes that are harmful to health. You can search Nrf2 to find out more about it. The pace of research has been increasing dramatically since the late 90s. Try www.pubmed.gov to see specific studies that range on a wide variety of conditions. You can also find the completed peer-reviewed studies on Protandim on pubmed.

Where Parkinson's is concerned, Protandim increases glutathione by 300%. That can have an impact on neurological conditions. I know someone who has had improvement with Parkinsons.

Protandim is a very complicated supplement but is easier to understand once you realize it is a Nrf2 activator. Many well educated people dismiss it, not getting what it is...but there are reasons for that: it is a very new concept, and it is a paradigm shift. It is up-regulating the body's own production of many beneficial enzymes resulting in a complex and powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory and anti-fibrotic action in the body.

If you want to see even more why Nrf2 is important, check this: www.reatapharma.com This drug company is developing Nrf2 drugs. Here is a quote from their site: "Similarly, Nrf2 activation has produced beneficial effects in models of Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease, Huntington’s disease and ALS."  Neurodegenerative conditions are just one category of disease they are identifying, there are more, including serious conditions like renal failure, cancer, autoimmune and respiratory illness.Currently they are completing human clinicals for renal failure, their results have a lot of merit. As for me, I prefer the herbs. 

Nrf2 is a facinating topic that I think you will be hearing a lot more about for years to come. I think there will be more Nrf2 activtors appearing in the marketplace.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
        Alert Moderators
        Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
  • How can I view entire discussion thread on a single page?

How can I expand all forum messages on a single forum page?

Donate to CureZone

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2015  www.curezone.org

0.223 sec, (2)

High Blood Pressure?

How 3 easy exercises drop blood pressure below 120/80 as soon a...

Toxic Chemicals In Your Shirt?
    Free eBook reveals the hidden toxin in your laundry det...

My Liver Is Healthy
    According to this Free Liver & Gallbladder Health Test.

Clark Liver Flush
    Dr. Hulda Clark’s amazing Liver Flush available here. Pure products!...

Original Hulda Clark
    Hulda Clark Cleanses

Most Expensive B12 Vitamin
    Would you pay this much for a liquid b12 vitamin!?

Natural Cancer Remedies

Alkaline Water?
    What is Alkaline Water? Is it good for you? Is it dangerous?

What Causes Depression?
    You could “immunize” yourself against depression!

Utopia Silver Supplements
    Silver Bulletin e-News Magazine, ”What the Coming Food Colla...

Proven medical anti-diabetic benefits
    Electrolyzed drinking water significantly reduce...

Destroy Parasites Quickly
    Learn How to Destroy Parasites And Be Free of Your Unbearabl...

Clark VariZapper
    Cutting-edge technology while being true to its origins - it’s the mo...

Natural Weight Loss
    Remove toxins from the body, restore digestive function, lose weig...

Best Candida Treatment?
    Probiotics, prebiotics and enzymes.

Best Candida Cleanse
    100% Effective Candida Cleanse

Cancer, HIV and Hep-C Remedy
    Proven natural remedy for cancer, HIV, Hep-C and much mor...

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
    J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

The Tesla Shield™
    The #1 Personal Energy Enhancement Device. Transformational Technolo...

Your Ad Here