CureZone
Old Format -> CureZone.INFO
bioflavinoids and quercitin effective in hepatitis c
Forum: News Forum 
  • bioflavinoids and quercitin effective in hepatitis c   boatman   4y  2,899  C  
    This is my avatar. Click here to see my profile.
    boatman
    Date: 4/13/2011 5:27:55 AM   ( 4y ago )   Hits:   2899
    from mike adams,natural news:Mainstream medicine uses two drugs, usually prescribed together, to treat hepatitis C: interferon and ribavirin. Unfortunately, the side effects to this combination are often so horrendous (ranging from severe fatigue, constant flu-type symptoms and nausea to birth defects) that a lot of hepatitis C sufferers can't stick with the therapy. What's more, for those who do manage to keep taking the interferon/ribavirin treatment, at best,only about half get a positive response, for other genotypes, its as low as 10%.

But a new study just released shows that nature seems to be able to do what Big Pharma can't -- kill the virus without damaging cells in the body. Scientists at the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) have discovered that two plant-derived bioflavonoids, catechin and naringenin, display powerful antiviral activity on tissue culture infected with hepatitis C

A liver pathologist, Dr. Wheeler previously found that another plant-derived bioflavonoid, quercetin used by many people as a nutritional supplement, can help stop production of the hepatitis C virus without any cell toxicity.

Dr. French and his research team's next step is to test catechin and naringenin on patients with a Phase I clinical trial.

the abstract:

http://www.fasebj.org/cgi/content/meeting_abstract/25/1_MeetingAbstracts/366....

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
  • How can I view entire discussion thread on a single page?

How can I expand all forum messages on a single forum page?

Donate to CureZone

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2015  www.curezone.org

0.215 sec, (1)

Toxic Laundry Detergent?

Suffering Arthritis?

What is Nascent Iodine?

Free Hulda Clark ebooks

ClarkFx Parasite Tincture

Liver Cleanse

Your Ad Here

Detoxify and Cleanse Naturally