When was the last time you had a physical? Depression can be caused by:
* Low functioning thyroid
* Low levels of vitamin D (test 25-hydroxy)
* Low levels of testosterone
Heavy metal contamination
Iodine (iodoral or lugols) can help a sluggish thyroid and help push out halides like bromide and fluoride and heavy metals like arsenic and mercury that can attribute to depression. There is a stellar Iodine supplementation support board here on curezone.
* TSH But this lab is only for diagnosis of hypopituitary, NOT to diagnose or dose your hypo by.
* Free T4 and Free T3 (note the word “free” – important.)
* Thyroid Antibodies (anti-TPO and TgAb. YOU NEED BOTH.)
And add these in, since they can be low in thyroid patients:
* Ferritin (and do stress FERRITIN, not just RBC)
* Adrenal Cortisol levels (but we strongly recom mend saliva tests, not the one time blood test your doc tor will do. See below, because you don’t need a presc rip tion)
* B-12 and Folate
*RBC Magnesium and Potassium
* Vita min D (25-hydroxyvitamin D lab test…plus others your doctor may recommend.
* Reverse T3 (to be tested when your Free T4 is in the upper part of the range with con tinuing symptoms. You need to do it at the same time you do free T3 to mea sure the ratio)
For parasites: Ask humaworm here on curezone. Humaworm also sells a parasite cleanse product.
Finally, EFT can be a very powerful tool to overcome depression, PSTD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) http://123eft.com/
There is also an EFT support board here too.
Bach remedies can be helpful in releasing stuck emotional patterns. The remedies are quite easy to use. Here are a few that might help:
*Agrimony is recommended if you tend to maintain a smiling appearance while suffering inner anguish and despair.
*Centaury is helpful for depression accompanied by feelings of intimidation.
*Cherry Plum relieves feelings of fearfulness, whether of things real or imagined.
*Gorse may be chosen for a sense of hopelessness
*Honey- suckle for those whose thoughts dwell on happier times past
*Mustard is the remedy for sadness and feelings of ineffectuality.
*Rescue Remedy is the first choice to ease acute anxiety.
*Sweet chestnut for bleak despair
*Walnut is useful for depression that results from difficulty in adjusting to change.
*Wild Rose is more beneficial for people who have lost interest in life, who have become apathetic and have stopped caring about anything-something many mildly depressed people experience.
*Willow for depression caused by resentment
*Water Violet: Helps you get a warmer relationship with other people. You love being alone, but often find yourself lonely.
*Impatiens: For those who act and think quickly, and have no patience for what they see as the slowness of others. They often prefer to work alone. Teaches empathy and understanding of and patience with others. We've found it very fast-acting in alieviating an impatient attitude and lowering stress.
*Heather: Helps when you are unhappy being alone for any length of time, you are always seeking the companionship and find it necessary to discuss your affairs with others, no matter who it may be.
You pick the remedy or remedies that seem to fit you the best and put 3-4 drops of each remedies in an empty bottle with dropper and fill 2/3 of the way with spring water and top off with brandy or rum or other alcohol for preservation. Dispense 1 dropperful in small amount of water and drink. You can take your personalized remedy to work with you and put in your coffee cup with water and sip through the day.