"What you organic promoters will never understand is that a well fertilized soil with all the needed elements will negate the acidic toxin factor"
This is just simply wrong, no amount of fertiliser, mineral, microbiotic and fungal elements in soil, is going to negate a residual toxic poison. Many chemicals take years to break down into inert substances, as DQ mentioned. Much of the planet's arable land is contaminated with such poisons.
Organically grown food, IMO, is just the lesser of the two evils.
DQ, I wholeheartedly support your view of growing your own food, on land that you know is not contaminated. We may not be able to grow or buy food that is free from toxins, but we can help by not adding to the problem, by not using chemicals and poisons ourselves.